tutor *request*

requested by @Ancient_Sherlock ! i'm sorry for the wait, hope you enjoy! <3

(Your POV)

"Okay class, I have graded your papers about the French Revolution," Mrs. Hamilton, my history teacher, announces to the class. "Some of you did exceptionally well. Others did not. I suggest that those of you with a D or worse rewrite the essay for extra points."

The class groans and everyone shifts nervously in their seats. Mrs. Hamilton is a tough teacher to please, so no one likes getting bad grades in her class.

With the stack of papers in her hand, Mrs. Hamilton makes her way through the aisles of desks, handing each student their paper. Some of them sigh in relief while others look like they are about to cry.

When Mrs. Hamilton arrives at my desk, I start to get really nervous. I've always done exceptionally well in history class, but that doesn't mean I can write a good essay.

Mrs. Hamilton smiles as she hands me my essay. A bright red "A+" is scribbled on the top of my page.

"Well done, Y/N," my teacher says.

"Thank you, Mrs. Hamilton."

Mrs. Hamilton moves on to the student behind me, Timothée. Guessing from his sigh and the teacher's silence, I don't think he did very well.

"My mother is going to kill me," Timothée mumbles under his breath.

"I can tutor you," I blurt out as I spin in my seat, not even fully realizing what I just offered.

Timothée lifts up his head and his beautiful green eyes meet mine.

"Really? You will?"

"Sure, why not. I wouldn't want you to get another bad grade. Oh, I didn't mean it like-"

"It's okay," Timothée interrupts. "I could really use the help. The French Revolution isn't really my thing. Ironic, huh?"

"Very," I say with a giggle. "So when do you want to meet?"

"How about today after school? In the library?"

"That works for me."

Just then, the bell rings and our classmates start gathering their things and getting up.

"See you after school in the library then, Y/N," Timothée says as he gets up and walks away.

"No. Way. What just happened?" Y/B/F asks from behind. I sling my backpack over my shoulder and get up, walking beside my best friend through the hall.

"Um, I think I'm tutoring Timothée," I say.

"GIRL! Why do you seem so sad about it? Do you even understand how amazing this is? You've been crushing on him for months. This is finally your chance."

"I know, I know. I'm not sad. Just nervous. I mean, I'm so awkward. What if I say something embarrassing? Then he'll never want to go out with me."

"You'll be fine, trust me. Now get excited! You have a sexy date in a few hours."

"We're studying in the school library. I'd hardly call that sexy or a date."

"Hey, anything with Timothée is sexy."

"Ain't that the truth," I say with a laugh.

For the remainder of the school day I am a bundle of nerves. I can't concentrate in class because all I can think about is how I'll be hanging out with Timothée after school. By the time the final bell rings, my heart is beating out of my chest.