Chapter 10: "New" Guy

Y/n's PoV:

"Quinton..."

It rolled out my tongue as if it was new, but I knew I've said that very name for a hundred times... I whispered it, I called for it and I even cried for it...

And now, he decided to comeback.

Nick cleared his throat, "So you know each other already?"he asked with a lifted brow.

I snapped out from the surge of memories that was washing through me before focusing my eyes to my feet.

"Y-yeah, we know each other. We had a past—"my stuttering didn't go unnoticed but they only acted as if they didn't really hear it.

Anthony glanced at me curiously,"Past of what?"he raised the question with a soft voice.

"An intimate relationship maybe."Jaden joked, but that was enough to silenced everyone.

God, he never knew that his joke was true. Life would've been more fun if it's not real at all.

Quinton scoffed, "No, we're not! She's just a friend."he forced out a laugh and tried to looked away from everyone.

The thickness of the air was suffocating. It was awkward— and the idea of staying here much longer made me want to break down.

Saying that I am only a 'friend' is the same as rubbing lime to a new wound. When you know that it's wrong but you've gotta get used with the pain.

I bit my lip, wishing that this situation will end...

Like a wish come true, God might have been hearing my prayers because it soon ended quickly.

Josh and Bryce came stumbling down from above the stairs. Josh briskly stand up from the fall and stayed with us while Bryce kept on rolling from the staircase until he hits the bottom floor.

Ouch. Well, that's a scene.

The four boys beside me growled like they're the one who tripped instead of Bryce.

"That hurts like sht."Josh stated the obvious.

Jaden nodded, "He's stupid as fvck."he commented while he tousle his blond locks. The other three boys agreed, not even bothering to move and help the guy down the stairs.

Bryce groaned loudly in pain.

"Can you all shut up and help me?! My bones are probably broken while you guys chit chat."he grumbles and flipped us all.

Jaden, Griffin and Josh quickly help him up so he wouldn't embarass himself anymore. His arms sat on both Josh and Griffin's shoulder.

Nick shook his head at the situation. "Bryce, you're getting clumsier each day. What's happening?"he shoot, all of us looked at Bryce direction. Even Quinton's paying attention now.

Bryce glared at Nick before those eyes of him focused on mine. His lips lift up on a perfect smirk.

"Psh, nothing's happening."Bryce answered, his gazed was not leaving mine.