🍀CHAPTER EIGHT

I dedicate this chapter to @SanzP22 and @MehnazKhan0.

The atmosphere was awkward outside the study room, both were busy guessing the purpose of the call. After five minutes they were called in the office. Bade Thakur was sitting behind the big desk, the whole study room screams money. She was busy gawking the interior, didn't notice Bade Thakur's amusing gaze and eye-rolling of Atharv. After clearing his throat Bade Thakur said.

" Sorry for yesterday's inconvenience, Aditya was restless to meet her mother and throwing a tantrum that's why I send him in your room. " ATHARV didn't know it was his father who sends Aditya in their room. He was a little guilty of shouting and insulting Advika. BADE THAKUR knew yesterday night Atharv was in his study room, also about this morning's drama. He knew his son was hurting and this girl can mend his heart. Like every other father, he also wanted his son's happiness. But his son was being an idiot and stubborn running away from happiness. So he thought it was time to take matters in his hands.

" But what can we do, he is stubborn same as his father. Chhoti Bahu (daughter-in-law ) I hope he didn't give you a hard time. I know it was your wedding night. So as compensation, you can choose any destination, I will give your husband one week leave." He said smiling, he didn't miss Advika's red-tinted cheeks and Atharv's scoff, Atharv was going to refuse but bade Thakur was a clever, manipulative and cunning old businessman. He was the boss of the office as well as of the house.

" I have some unfinished work you two can go now, also Atharv you are going to take her for Pagphera after all the rituals."

" But papa I have to attend a meeting. I cant -"

" Humne kah diya to kah diya Atharv (I told you so you have to do it), you can leave now." Bade Thakur growled. He was challenging Atharv to deny his order.

After leaving the study room, Advika got busy in all post-wedding preparation

and started making breakfast, also she made halwa as it is tradition to make something sweet. Atharv was guilty and was finding a chance to apologize to Advika, but he could not find Advika alone, either she was in the kitchen or with some relatives, who wanted to meet newly wedded daughter-in-law. Everyone was sitting at the dining table for a breakfast, except Adi. Advika was serving everyone their breakfast when Adi came running and started tugging her saree. Everyone stopped eating and shifted their attention to both of them. " Mumma, I want to eat from your hand."

"Bacha, right now I am serving, I will eat later, you can eat with your daddy." She said gently.

" But, I want to eat from your hand, my friend Rohit told me, his mom loves him that's why she feeds him his breakfast every morning," Adi said stubbornly.

Atharv who was watching all this suddenly got angry, whenever he called her mother he would realize his wife was dead, the mother of his son was dead. The woman in front of him was someone else who wanted to snatch her wife's place. He can't give another woman her place. Leaving his food incomplete, he got up from his seat and shouted angrily "Adi, come here silently without doing any drama and eat your breakfast."

Adi flinched hearing Atharv's yelling and tightly clutched the Advika's sari, hiding behind her from his father. He hid his face in her sari and started sobbing. The Bade Thakur who was watching all this from the start cleared his throat and announced " Beta (Daughter) go and get a plate for Adi and yourself. Helpers can serve. Adi, show your mother your favorite chair." Hearing this face of Adi lighted like Christmas tree and while giggling he pulled Advika towards the dining table. Everybody was stunned by the announcement.

Badi Thakurain tried to complain " But, how can newly...-" But cut off by Bade Thakur.

" I don't see any problem with this, and Atharv sit down and finish your breakfast." Again challenging Atharv to deny his order.