🍁CHAPTER TWO

When Dhriti opened her eyes, the sun was already up. Groaning she hides her face in the pillow. Today she was going to get married, with a man whom she has met just once and talked on the phone twice. He was mouthwatering specimens of man. Like walking hotness. She was a little insecure because as she was not this beautiful and her would-be husband was my god, he has that sharp jaw and slightly crooked nose and that killer dimple smile. At engagement when she got the first glimpse of her would-be husband she thought she was going to pass out. She was happy with everything but a little bit insecure. She never you know never ever had thought she will get married, as she was rejected by so many boys that she can't even remember. When her bua (Father's sister) come with that rista ( proposal), she thought after seeing her picture, and even after her video call with her in-laws, she was going to get rejected again. But their in-laws were very nice persons they don't care if their bahu (daughter-in-law) has dark complexion or she was not that beautiful. They wanted bahu for their family, a daughter, a homemaker, not trophy to show off everyone that was her mother-in-law's line.

"Dhriti, uthi ki nahi beta? Sasural ja kar bhi aise hi der tak soegi kya??? ( Dhriti have you woken up??? Will, you woke up at the same time even after going to your in-law's house?)" Her mother was shouting outside the door while banging her room's door loudly.

Exhaling a big sigh she replied opening the door "I am up mom, no need to wake up all neighbors."

"Haye ab yahi din dekhna baki rah gya tha. Shadi hai aj apki, ati hongi apki saheliya. Jao fresh ho jao breakfast lga deten hai parlor bhi to jana hai. ( You are going to get married, I am your mother I can't even say anything. Go your get fresh your friends can reach anytime. You have to go to the parlor after breakfast.)" Shaking her head her mother said.

"Acha baba ja rhare hai hum. (Ok mom relax I am going)."

While taking shower she dives in reminiscence of the past when she got that proposal. It was her regular boring day when she returned home from her work. On entering the house, she heard the voice of her bua (aunt- father's sister), closing her eyes she cursed quietly. Visit of her bua on their home means... another proposal and then after a few days another rejection.

"Ladka or uski family sab america me rahte hai, bus uski dadi chahti hai bahu desi ho. Lo hamari beti bhi aa gayi (The boy and his family all live in America, but his grandmother wants an Indian bahu. Here comes our daughter.)"

"Aunt reject them. I will not marry any man, who is living in America. I have to go so far from you guys after marriage." Only if they accept this proposal she whispered the last line to herself.