🍁CHAPTER FIVE

Dhriti was searching for some bed sheets when the bathroom door opened. And... Dhruv exits wiping his wet hair in a towel. Dhriti could not help but a dreamy sigh escaped from her lips while catching a glimpse of her hot husband. Yeah, her husband. When their eyes meet the entire demeanor of Dhruv changed, throwing his towel in the near chair, he takes a long fast stride towards Dhriti. She was frozen is her place.

"What the f*ck do you think you are doing? Who gave you permission to touch my things?" He shouted.

"A-Actually, I-I bedsheet," Dhriti replied stammering.

"Oh, y-you can sleep in the bed but don't try to be over smart. Just because I am letting you sleep in my bed doesn't mean that I have accepted you as my wife. I am very tired just don't want to waste any energy on you and My side is left so, d-don't cross my side of the bed." Dhruv said. Dhriti nodded her head without seeing Dhruv's face. She missed the chance to see his tinted ears.

After finishing her freshening up, she enters the room. Dhruv was sleeping in the far corner in the bed. Dhriti was shocked that how he has managed to stick in that corner without falling out of the bed. His back was so stiff that you can't tell just by seeing his back that he was breathing or not? Dhriti giggled to herself. Shaking her head she climbs in the bed. She was so tired that she didn't realize when she falls in deep slumber.

When she opened her eyes sun was already up. Groaning she hides her face in pillow saying "only five minutes" to herself. But was rooted in her place, after hearing a groan from her left side.

Opening her eyes, without turning around, she thought "Sh*t!!! I have crossed that Laxman Rekha, now this ravaan will definitely kill me." Feeling some movement on the other side of the bed, she held her breath. Closing her eyes tightly she was waiting for him to shout but it never came. She jumped in her place hearing the sound of the door closing. Opening her one eye narrowly she searched the entire room when she didn't find him, releasing her breath she slumps in the bed. Digesting the fact that arrogant stupid but handsome husband of her didn't say anything about her crossing that ...-

"Dhriti!!!!" Dhruv shouted in anger. 

"Now, what have I done to anger him?" She thought.

"Why my things have been misplaced from there original place and why you have so many things in my cabinet. God!!! Who uses all this, its like for what??? Seven people." Dhruv yelled exiting the bathroom in the only towel, wrapped in his waist.

Dhriti was so engrossed in ogling that rock-hard chest and those yummy abs. She was counting those abs one-two-three-four-five-six...-

"Y-You where you think you are looking at? Y-You my. Eyes up here. Look at my face." Dhruv exclaimed.

"Huh?" Dhriti was still in the daze.

Shaking his head he again entered the bathroom. After 15 minutes he comes out of the bathroom fully clothed. But Dhriti was still trying to recall if he has six or eight abs. Without saying anything to her he leaves that room.

After freshening up, Dhriti walks towards the hall but stopped when she heard

"Chhoti Chachi!!! I don't care if my wife has a dusky complexion, what matters the most is she is now my wife. So, you better respect her. Meri Patni vo sare chizo ki haqdar hai jo meri biwi or apki bahu ko milni chahiye. Ap kaun se daur me jee rahi hai??? (My wife deserves everything which is her right.)"

"Are na beta I never said she doesn't deserve anything just because she is kali. I was just saying it would have been better only if...-" His aunt said giving a small awkward laugh.

"Tum bhi humari bahu ho or tumme bhi bhut si kamiya h. Humne kabhi kuch kaha tumse? Dhriti humari pasand thi humare Dhruv ke liye. Kya tum humari pasand par sawal utha rahi ho bahu??? ( You are also not perfect but I have never said anything to you. Dhriti was my choice for my grandson Dhruv. Are you questioning my choice daughter-in-law?)" Dhruv grandma asked arching her one eyebrows challenging anyone to say against Dhriti.

Seeing them supporting her, Dhriti's eyes glossed. She remembers her own grandma always taunting her for her skin color. She thought Dhruv hated her because of her skin color but here he was defending her against her aunt.

"Oh, there she is Dhriti we were just talking about you," Grandma said. Smiling Dhriti reached where everyone was present and touched her elder's feet. 

"My Dhruv's bride. You are looking beautiful beta." Grandma said taking her face between her palm. Dhriti was never good at handling compliments, well she never got many compliments. She shyly lowered her eyelashes to avoid direct eye contact with others.

"Dhruv take your wife to the dining hall. Who leaves their newly wedded bride alone. She is new here, don't know the way, now go. We will be joining you all after some time." Grandma said passing a playful wink to her grandson. Dhruv scoffed rolling his eyes to his Grandma.

It was Dhriti's first rasoi but all rituals will take place in America. At the breakfast table, everybody was present. Dhriti was a little shy as at her home her mother always eat after serving her grandmother, her father, then her little brother. Seeing everyone eating together was new to her. 

As everything was Going to organize in America, there was no post-marriage ceremony but grandma and Dhruv's father gave muh dekhai present to Dhriti after completing their breakfast. 

"Dadi, I have to meet some friends here before returning to America. So, today I will be returning late at night." Dhruv said standing.

"Koi Nahi nahi jaega. Kal hi apki shadi hui hai. ( Nobody will go anywhere. You just got married yesterday.)" Dhruv's father roared.

"I never asked anyone and especially not to you." Saying he left an angry father, disappointed grandma and shocked and confused wife.