🍁CHAPTER NINE

It's been two months since Dhruv has returned back to America. Dhriti's daily routine was waking up, making breakfast for her, and Dadi. Going to work, after completing her shift coming home, then making sure Dadi has her medication and cooking dinner.

When Dhruv left she was hoping a small hug, she knew they were not like a normal married couple but a small part of her couldn't help but wishes a small sweet gesture from her husband. After two weeks of Dhruv's departure, all family members except Dadi also left. In the first month every day, she waited for his call but when not once he called her. Then she thought of calling him but again her call was always answered by some rude secretary. After that she tried to keep herself busy, she spends as much time with Dadi, even they had helpers but she does their daily chores.

Then finally her upcoming project's preparation started. She was so busy that she didn't realize how that month was completed and after four days they were going to leave for Chicago.

"Dhriti beta???"

"Jee Dadi," Dhriti replied.

"Beta hum soch rahe the, apke project khatm hone ke bad, sidhe vahi se hum New york ke liye nikal jate. Apko or Dhruv ko thoda sath bitane ka waqt bhi mil jaega. Aap bolenge to hum apke sir se bat karenge. (Beta I was thinking after your project is over, we would leave for New York directly from there. You and Dhruv will also get some time to spend together. I will talk to your head.)" Dadi said softly taking her hand on her own wrinkled but warm hand.

"But Dadi...-"

"Hum sab samhal lenge aap bas ha boliye. (I will handle everything you just say yes.)" Dadi cut her off in middle and said.

"Ok Dadi jaisa aap thik samajhe. (Ok Dadi as your wish.)" Dhriti said calmly but deep inside she was jumping in joy.

After completing her work shift, she thought of visiting her mayka.

"Dadi humari shift khatm ho gayi hai, hum soch rahe they Mummy, Papa se milne chale jaye. (Grandmother my shift is over I was going to meet Mummy and Papa.)

"Acha humara bhi man kar raha tha kahi jane ka, hum bhi pahuchte hai adhe ghante me vaha. Fir apke ghr walo se permission bhi to leni hai. (I also felt like going somewhere, I will reach there in half an hour and we have to take their permission.)" Dadi said teasingly.

....................................

Dhriti was happy, in the symposium, nobody judged her because of her color. Everybody appreciated her because of her talent and knowledge. She and her best friend Shruti were going towards the canteen.

"Dr. Dhriti, I have to attend a very important meeting. So, would you please attend my patient. I promise it will not take more than one hour." Dr. Robert requested.

"Of course Dr. Robert," Dhriti replied passing him a small smile.

It does not matter if they were her or his patient, as a doctor it was her duty to attend anyone who was in need. She was a proud gynecologist, she loves her job. The feeling when you hold a newborn baby was her favorite part of her job. She blushed imagining herself holding a baby, her and Dhuv's baby.

"Mujhe lagta hai Dr. Robert tujhe line marte hai. (I think Dr. Robert likes you)" Shruti said teasingly nudging her with her shoulder.

"Shh Shruti kuch bhi bolti hai and unhe pta hai mai shadisuda hu. He is just a friend. (Shut up Shruti don't talk rubbish and also he knew I am married. He is just a friend.)" Dhriti said shushing her.

"Accha. Or kaha hai tera vo so called pati. Mujhe bhale tu kuch na bataye lekin mai sab samajati hu. Tu sachi sachi bta mujhe akhiri bat tune usse kab bat ki thi. (Really? Then where is your so-called husband? You may not tell me anything but I know everything. Ok, tell me when was the last time you have talked to him?)" Shruti asked.

"Tu ja yar mai tujhse bad me bat karti hu. ( I will talk to you later)" Dhriti said pushing her towards the direction of the canteen.

She was very happy after five days she was going to see him. She kind of missed him. With a dreamy sigh, she opened the door and chirped.

"Hi I am Dr. Dhriti, sorry but Dr. Robert is in the meeting so...-" She could not complete her sentence when her brown eyes clashed with very familiar brown eyes.

"It's ok doctor. Hello, I am Olivia and he is Dhruv."