※8※

In the morning after waking up at first Reeha checked upon her father. And then cautiously took his mobile to scribble some numbers. After having breakfast, taking her mother's leave she prepared herself for a little drama.

☆☆☆☆☆

Mr. Rahman is a man in his late 30s. He runs a small law firm. He was talking with his client when Reeha entered there without knocking.

"Hi, Mr. Rahman!! How are you?" Reeha asked as if he was her friend.

"You!!! What are you doing here?" Being startled he asked.

"Oh come on. Is this how you treat your old acquaintances? Very bad."

"I'm sorry for the disturbance." Mr. Rahman apologized to his client. And then indicating Reeha said,
"You. Come with me outside."

Ignoring his words Reeha continued,
"Btw you have a beautiful office. At first I used to think you just store all the black money inside that big stomach of yours. But i was wrong. You not only store them but also know how to utilize it."

"Black money?" The client said. Shock evident on his face.

"Oops. You didn't know? Don't tell me he was also conning you?" Reeha said with a fake unbelievable expression.

"Stop saying rubbish. Get out" Mr. Rahman said with fear.

"Conning?" The client whispered. But it was enough for Reeha to hear.

"Yes. He is one of the most famous and reputed con men. Infact, he especially knows how to backstab his clients in need."

"What?" Standing up, the client questioned Mr. Rahman angrily. "You were going to backstab me?"

"N-no sir. O-of course not. This girl is mad." Mr. Rahman said, being horrified.

"Haw. What is this Mr. Rahman? How can someone this beautiful (pointing at herself) be mad? Come on. You can't even lie properly." Reeha said dramatically.

"That's it. I am going. I shouldn't have asked for your help in the first place." The client retorted.

"No sir. Please listen to me." Mr. Rahman pleaded but the client went away.

"Buh bye. You can thank me later. I just saved you from a con man." Reeha yelled to the client.

Being angry Mr. Rahman said,
"What do you think you are doing?"

"I didn't even do anything. But yes if you don't cooperate with me, then trust me, like this all clients will go away from you. And I'll make sure you will not be able to earn a single penny." Reeha threatened.

"What do you want?"

"Simple. Hand me the evidence that Mr. Rayyan Malik faked the witness."

"I don't know what you are saying."

"Stop pretending innocent. I know he bribed you."

"Do you have any prove? No, you don't. Just like you can't prove the witness was fake in the same way you can't proof this."

"Yes, you're right. I didn't have any proof. But guess what I do have now." Reeha said smugly.

"What?" Mr. Rahman asked confusedly.

"I have recorded our conversation. Even if I file a case against you, obviously, I'll not win against a lawyer. But what if your wife and children heard this? What will be your child's impression about you? And if you are unlucky then your wife will leave you. Then what will happen to you?" Reeha scared him.

"How do you know about my family?" Mr. Rahman asked, being scared.

"That's not important. I guess you won't cooperate with me like this. Fine then I'll hand over the audio to your wife then." Saying this she was about to go when he called her.

"Wait. Please don't do this. I won't be able to live without my family."

"I know. That's why I'm saying give me the evidence and i will delete the recording instantly."

"I really don't have any evidence. Please believe..."

"Oh stop acting. Do you think i am stupid? You are a lawyer and you say you don't have any evidence against the person who bribed you? You don't have any backup plan if you get caught? You want me to believe that bullshit? Now stop making me talk so much and hand me the evidence. NOW."

Without any delay he immediately went to bring the evidence.

"Here are the voice records of our conversation. And these are some photos that will be enough to prove that Rayyan Malik paid the witness."

"Ok. You sure there is nothing else? If I see you hiding anything you can't even imagine what will happen to you."

"N-no. T-this is all I have." He stammered. "But i have a question."

"What?" Reeha asked examining the photos.

"How did you know I had any proof?"

Laughing Reeha answered, "Well criminals normally keep proof like this. That's what happens in movies but I guess also in real life."

Reeha was about to go when Mr. Rahman stopped her.
"Ms. Reeha. The audio?"

"What about it?"

"You didn't delete it."

"I already did." Seeing him confused she added, "I recorded it in my mind and now have deleted it from there just as i promised." Then smirking at him she left the place leaving him behind feeling stupid.

☆☆☆☆☆

Hope you enjoyed reading. Please press the ⭐ button. Thank You.❤❤