14. Lovers

"So, the guys are having a party at our house. Umm, do you wanna go?" Nate asked me once we got down.

"Huh? Kay," I barely heard what he said, busy feasting on my candy floss.

He gave me an amused look.

"What?" I asked with my mouth full. Attractive, I know.

"You continue to surprise me, sweetheart," he chuckled and led me to his car.

I shrugged and continued eating like a hungry animal that hasn't eaten in days. As soon as I was done, he took my hand and linked it with his and placed it on my bare thigh.

"About time. My hand was getting lonely," he said with a whine, his eyes on the road. My thigh started to burn at the contact, and my mouth went dry. He suddenly let go of my hand and began to rub small circles on my leg. Even though it looked seemingly innocent, the smirk playing on his lips told me otherwise.

Well, buddy, two can play this game.

I raised my hands above my head, stretching out my limbs, and dropped it on his leg with an innocent smile. His jaw was flexed and his knuckles that were on the steering turned white. His adam's apple bobbed a little, as he desperately tried to keep his focus on the road.

"Sweetheart, don't play with fire if you can't handle the heat"

The car came to a sudden halt, and Nate pulled me on his lap before my mind could register his words. A gasp erupted from my mouth as I realized the position we were in. My cheeks were flushed red and I was now straddling him. He pulled my mouth against his, with one of his hands resting on my waist and the other one holding me by my neck. His tongue pressed against my mouth, silently asking for permission. I decided to tease him a little and refused. Well aware of the game I'm playing, one of his hands trailed to my backside, causing me to moan loudly. He took that as an opportunity and shoved his tongue into my mouth. Our tongues fought for dominance, which he won easily. My hands, previously holding onto his shoulder, were now lost in his messy hair, pulling and gripping onto it, that got a sexy moan from his mouth. That was the sexiest sound I had ever heard. After what felt like an eternity, I broke the kiss, the lack of oxygen finally affecting me. Nate's lips trailed to my neck, placing kisses everywhere. He sucked on a sweet spot on my neck, that caused me to buckle against him, and hold on to his hair tighter.

"We should stop," he panted, with absolutely no intention of stopping.

A throaty groan escaped from my mouth, and I nodded in agreement. His forehead was resting against mine, and we were both panting. He slowly took my hand onto his and placed it on his pounding chest.

"See what you do to me?" He asked, his eyes holding unsaid promises and adoration. "Who are you Zoey Hart, and what are you doing to me?"

"I could ask you the same question," I replied, my voice husky, mimicking his expressions.

"Let's go, before Izzie kills me for not bringing you back on time," he laughed and opened his door.

I got down and smoothened my dress and tried to fix my hair. I glanced in the side mirror to check the damage and winced at the train wreck in front of me. My messed up hair and flushed face might as well have "I just had a steamy make-out session" written all over it.

"You look beautiful, stop worrying," Nate asserted, kissing me on my forehead. Pulling me by my waist, he walked me to his door. Nate had parked at a distance from his house, mainly so that people don't see us.

As soon as we entered the house, I got the flashback of the first time Izzie dragged me here, reminding me of the first time I met him.

"The guys are in the next room. I'll go get us a drink and then we'll go there, okay?" he spoke into my ears, over the loud music.