16. Without you

Our ride to the beach house was anything but boring. The beach house was a 6-hour journey from the campus, and Izzie and I sang our way through most of it. Zach, being the brat he is, brought earplugs for him and Nate, almost 100% sure that this was going to happen. While the boys took turns driving, Izzie and I were either singing, eating, or sleeping.

By the time we reached the beach house, it was midnight, and we were all exhausted. The guys took the luggage inside, while Izzie and I tried to stay awake. We sat at the entrance of the house, my head leaning against her shoulder.

"Zoe?" Izz asked me in a sleepy voice.

"Hmm?"

"Are you happy?"

I nodded lightly.

"Good, me too."

"Alright sleeping beauties, let's go." I distinctly heard Zach's voice, though neither of us made an effort to move.

I heard someone sigh before I was carried inside. I nuzzled my head into a comfortable neck and moaned at the comfort it got me. I heard a chuckle and felt his arms tightening around me. He smelt so good and so warm. I was placed on a soft bed, that felt close to heaven. Suddenly feeling the loss of contact, I whimpered feeling the cold air hitting me. I heard a bit of shuffling before he laid down next to me, and pulled me closer to him. Perfect.

I woke up at the crack of dawn and felt Nate's arm on my stomach. I turned to face him and lightly brushed his hair out of his face. He looked so peaceful. I was so peaceful and comfortable.

Oh shit. I need to pee.

I got up, careful not to wake him, and tiptoed to the bathroom. I did my business, freshened up, and went to the kitchen to feed the hungry monster, also called - my stomach. Taking my coffee, I walked around the house and took in the view that I missed yesterday. It was a 2 story-house, with modern architecture. Although I don't know much about designing and architecture, I sure knew how to appreciate beauty, and trust me when I say that this house was a work of art. From the glass windows, I could check out the whole beach view. It was so relaxing. The house had 6 bedrooms- 3 on the ground floor, and 3 above. I spotted a few sunbeds at the balcony and decided to chill there for a while.

Before long, I was joined by Eli.

"So, I heard that Alexis gave you some trouble," Eli asked, his voice dropping a bit at the mention of her name.

"Don't worry about it, it's nothing I couldn't handle," I gave him a small smile. "You're a great friend Eli. I'm sorry you had to go through it."

"Anyone would have done the same," he replied, shrugging it off like it wasn't that big of a deal. "If I had to, I would do it all over again."

We continued to chat for a while before everyone woke up. From the corner of my eye, I saw Nate with a grumpy look on his face. I walked over to him and put my arms around him.

"What's wrong?"

"You weren't next to me when I woke up. I hated it," he grumped and pouted like a child.

"Aww, you poor baby. You'll live," I teased and ruffled his hair.

"Buenos Dias, bitches," Izzie walked in, looking awfully cheerful in the morning.

"We aren't in Spain, Bella," Matt commented with a frown on his face. "A simple good morning would suffice."

"Like I am going to extend that courtesy to you. All you get is a 'fuck you'. Take it, or leave it. And it's Isabella. Not Bella," Izzie stressed with a glare. She hated it when people called her Bella, according to her, it reminded her of Twilight.