Lilian- Dancing Queen

When Lilian Preston was 3, her mother died in a car accident. Overnight, her father, Theo, lost the love of his life and had to take complete responsibility for his 3-year-old. Not setting aside even a minute to grieve, he dived, headfirst into being the best single dad ever. Putting Lily before everyone else, he played the perfect role of being her mom and dad. Every recital, every class, every school pick up and drop off, he was always there for her.

The only piece of her mother she had left was her necklace and her dance. And that was something she promised to always hold on to, for her mother.

For the next 7 years, her father never saw another woman, and even a 10-year-old child knew that there was something missing. Since then, she pushed her father to meet someone, wanting nothing more than for him to be happy. And after a lot of persuasions, he met Jennifer Walker, a single mother who had a son her age. After 4 dates, Theo decided to introduce Jenny to the most important person in his life, his Lily. From the moment she met Jenny, Lily got a motherly feeling that she thought was long gone from her life. She immediately became family.

However, the story with her son was entirely different. Nathan, an angry child for his age, was not interested in letting these people into his world, to take the place of his father. Jenny, though devastated by her son's actions, assured the father-daughter duo, that he would come around. The very next year, Jenny and Theo got married in a small ceremony, attended by close friends and family. The whole reception, a very excited Lily tried to befriend a very infuriated Nathan. Though he rebuked her friendship, she still didn't stop trying. The only thing going around in her mind was that he was a small boy, who was very sad and needed a friend.

From that day, even though Nate didn't consider her so, Lily became his big sister, his protector, and guardian. It took him two more years, before she finally wore him down, and made him realize how lucky he was to have a family. He introduced her to his 3 best friends, and they welcomed her into their group without hesitation. Though it was a long and difficult journey, she knew for a fact that these people bonded with each other for life. But, no matter how hard she tried to focus on her friendship and family, she couldn't keep the thoughts of a certain brown eyes boy out of her mind.

She saw him for the first time when she was 6. She was playing in the playground, when Heather Lewis, the mean bully, pushed her on the ground and made fun of her for not having a mom. A scrawny kid gave her his hand and helped her up. Unable to see a pretty girl cry, he promised to always protect her. However, he couldn't hold up his promise, when Lily and her father moved to San Francisco from New York. She tried to forget about him. To never think about him again. But fate had other plans.

In the summer after she turned 13, she was out with her gang, cycling. Not paying attention to the road, she crashed into someone. Just as she got off from the ground, and moved to apologize, she was met with the familiar brown eyes she had grown to love and miss. His lopsided grin made its way on his face as he pulled her down with him. Nate, ready to beat up the guy who his sister was in the arms of, stopped when he saw her kiss him.

As it turns out, the brown eyes boy, Chace Stevens, had moved to San Francisco with his family, after his father got a promotion. Chace finally found the blonde girl in pigtails, who stole his heart forever, and Lily found the guy who promised to always protect and love her.

Though not very happy with the new addition, the boys accepted Chace into their gang, after Lily emotionally blackmailed all of them. What could they have done? After all, even they knew not to stand in the way of true love.