The New Beginning for RatLand

Y/N - your name
E/C - eye color
H/C - hair color
H/L - hair length
S/C - skin color
(Keep in mind the reader is currently 8 yrs old! Now ON with the STORY!!)

(Y/n's POV)

I took Liam's hand and entered the rough looking van and sat down next to him. I took a moment to look around the inside, the van could've seen better days. I was surprised it was still somewhat in working condition. I bent my head downwards and took note of everything starting with the worn out seats, the stains covering almost the entire decor of the van and it's a good thing these seatbelts aren't busted. I then buckled myself up next to Liam who was already jumping in anticipation like a kid on Christmas. I giggled to myself shaking my head at him.

Man, he is such a kid

And here I thought I WAS supposed to be the kid jumping with joy

I'll let him have his fun though..

Once we were ready to go Amy gave the signal (I guess to Brad..?) and we zoomed off. "Ahh!" I held onto my seatbelt as Amy made sharp turns left and right making me and Liam be shoved to one side to the other. Liam placed his hand on my shoulder keeping me still from the bumpy joy ride. "Don't worry, you'll get used to the motion in no time." He smiled, giving me some reassurance to which I thanked him. After a couple seconds of driving and the van being silent, Liam nudged me making me turn my head to look at him. "Hey...um.." he hesitated. He looked like he wanted to say something but he's trying to find the right words..? "Are you..on your own out here? No family or friends you're traveling with..?" Oh. That's what he was trying to put together. I tilted my head down staring at my knees.

Should I tell him the truth about what happened to my family? I mean, i DID just met him so he's a complete stranger  to me! I shouldn't have to tell anything!

On the other hand he seems nice to me so far...and that rat lady doesn't seem to mind him, considering the fact that I never seen a human and a mute get along before..

Hmm..

Building up my courage I decided to go with the latter. I looked up at Liam and softly spoke "My parents passed away 4 years ago....and I've been on my own ever since." Once I finished that sentence I could see Liam frown at himself which made me want to cheer him up so he could have a happy face. Not noticing Amy look up at the rear view mirror she too, had saddening eyes land on me and tried to say in a cheery voice "oh, I'm sorry to hear that hun.....but don't you worry sweetie! I promise we'll make your first visit as fun and memorable as we can make it!" Hearing her promising me that I gave a genuine smile at her "thank you, Amy." I then felt Liam's hand on my shoulder "If you want to talk about it at all after we get off, I'm more than willing to listen." He whispered near my ear. Giving a nod at him he grinned and faced the window again looking out at the scenery.

(5 minutes later)

We made a quick stop finally with Amy getting out of the van along with the hood standing up and then shutting it back down. That was probably Brad. Me and Liam got to unbuckling our seatbelts and the side door swiftly opened to see Amy and Brad on both sides telling us to come out so eagerly waiting for us to see their amusement park. As soon as we both got off we stopped and slowly looked up to see what was supposed to be Ratland. My (e/c) eyes sparkled in wonderment and I'm sure Liams' did as well. Amy and Brad came from behind and greeted us both at the entrance with their hands waving in the air with their hats off shouting "Welcome to RatLand!" I could almost see the entire park from here. I'm sure it looks even better at night. I only ever heard of these amusement parks from my parents but getting to finally go to one?? How amazing is this?!