Superiority Complex? I'm Just Better Than You, Nothing Complex About It.

(Tons of thanks to PLANTESS for the title name!)

"Mmh, I dunno, I just felt like I've seen him before. But I've never traveled, so I'm not sure what's up." (Y/N) chucked a rock into the ocean, swinging her legs as Abbacchio gasped softly, his eyes on the Stand that had begun to shift. "Wait, wait are we going to do it now? Like, now now?"

"Well, it's not exactly going to work anywhere else." He rolled his eyes, shivers flickering up his spine. Something felt almost illegal about all of this, even though he usually wouldn't give a single shit.

"I dunno, what if the boss is still around and he sees it? Then we are dead. Dead as hell." She murmured, glancing around for a solution. "Eureka! We can do a quick death mask! It'll only take a second or two, so it should be fine!" (Y/N) clapped her hands, kicking out the flat chunk of rock she sat on earlier to use.

"That should be fine." Let's do it then. Hurry." His stand began to shift, and they quickly pressed the face against the rock before it could completely change. Under the rock, however, she saw something that shook her to the core.

"Oh my god that guy reminded me of Trish." She whispered, turning around to face the way the kids had ran off to. "Oh my god he reminded me of Trish."

"Hm? Yea, I guess they did have the same hair. So what?" His stand faded away, watching as the girl shoved the large flat rock into her tiny backpack, warping inside effortlessly. He couldn't use his stand anywhere else, but they had the exact date in case they needed to look at him again. He had already carved it into the side of the stone.

"Nonono, it's not physically, but kinda just... it's like... the feel of a person, you know? It was the same feel before I got cut in half. But think about it. Some random kids pull close all the sudden and one comes super close, the pink hair..." She murmured, painting a picture that wasn't so pretty.

"Are you implying that..."

"I think... I think that was the boss." She whispered, rubbing her arms to wipe the goosebumps away.

"Holy shit." He coughed out a small chuckle of disbelief. He had gotten close, that was for sure. The only one that didn't say anything and didn't stand out. "You fell on the Boss."

"Wow. I think I just saved your life." She joked, rubbing her nape to try and get rid of that weird chill that clung to her spine. Another brush with death, was it? She doesn't know how many she's had up to this point, but what matters now was that she was alive and her friends were okay. "I just saved your life by falling on a kid."

"Weird thought." Abbacchio chuckled softly, a rare smile peeking through his usual grouchy face. She certainly had a way with people, one that just helped them relax. Even now, when they had nothing, she could still make everything seem like it was all going to be okay.

(Y/N) glanced over her shoulder at the approaching heat signatures. It was Giorno and Mista, Trish must still be in the turtle. She sat up, eyeing the little tortoise in Mista's arms. Sadly, it was a little harder for her to sense reptiles, seeing as they don't have a set temperature. "Hey! Over here!"

"(Y/N), Abbacchio, have you replayed the boss?" They skid to a stop, Bruno and Narancia joining them around the bend. The other traitors have retreated to heal and catch up with one another, even if this journey had been no longer than a week, they still had plenty of stories to tell.

"We have a deathmask, we didn't want to risk being spotted by the boss." (Y/N) adjusted the strap on her bookbag, a subtle hint on the location of the heavy stone slab. "And also, we should really get out of here, like, now, preferably..."