Why, I'd Be Delighted To Put My Needs Last Again

A gunshot rang through the air, and (Y/N) let out scream. Even if blood stained the window, this was her every intention. As blood ran, so did bubbling, pink acid. It poured onto the floor, burning into the boss behind her as he lurched backwards. Fighting through the pain that bloomed in her gut, just below her tattoo, (Y/N) spun to grab him, acid pouring onto his skin, seeping into his body so corrosive that it just might kill him.

This would be the first time she's killed on purpose. This wouldn't be an accident. This wouldn't be a twist of fate. The pain and hate, she couldn't look away. But then she blinked.

She stood before the window, not a single drop obscuring its clear view of the outside. Was it just a dream? Her hand rose and pressed against her abdomen, but there was no blood. "Giogio..."

"A stand!" Mr. Gaps hissed, taking his cane to smack her hard in the head so she couldn't attack the boss again, but (Y/N) wasn't just some pawn throne on the board. SCF's hand reached out, snatching the wooden dowel as her palm burned it away. He hissed in annoyance, leaping backwards with Antonio suddenly in his grip. His fists balled at the final disintegration of his cane, finally unleashing his own. "Pork Soda!"

Tall, lanky, his stand stood far above them both, a bad crook in its back made it hunch over and loom above them both. Its body looked to have the texture of gloop. How would that create any damage if it was just goop? Well, she would have her answer served to her on a big steaming plate of shit. With a snap of someone's fingers, presumably Mr. Gaps, it procured an empty wine glass in its hands, the object rising from the colorful mass of flesh and goo. Both disgusted and fascinated, she didn't even think about moving until he shattered the glass against the table to use as a weapon.  "My demon... does my bidding as long as I... Do his."

"What the fuck"

"C an e... Ca n e... Touc h, m u st  to u ch. Ho ld it w a nt"  As if strangled, Pork Soda gurgled out a few unintelligible cries, mourning the loss of something dreadfully important to him. After a moment of his torment, his eyes scanned over her, pupils bouncing separate from each other before its gaze finally locked with her. "E ye. Eye s"

(Y/N) blinked again, and suddenly she stared at herself, but... but how was that possible? Stumbling back, she watched her body fumble over the couch, the sockets were her sight once was replaced by piercing shards of glass. As if enjoying her suffering, the enemy stand gargled in delight, thumb pressing against the firm surface of the eyeball. The pressure pounded inside her skull, an earthquake even further sending her nerves into chaos. No, what was going on? What could she do to stop this spiral into madness? Look at yourself! What are you doing- wait a minute.

As (Y/N) stumbled around, agonizing over the shards of glass in her eyes, she reached up, and her hands felt something else. It was just her own face, no shards, no nothing. But her sight did not show her this at all. Did it? She couldn't tell, her mind was spiraling, she needed something concrete, something that would no doubt snap her to reality.

Her surroundings were perfect, her body was in pain, their laughter was crisp and she couldn't tell where it was from, but it should have been the left. Antonio had already escaped the room, who knows where, but Mr Gaps was still here. His soul was in front of her, when she really focused. She could not see her own in sight. Of course! Souls, there were no souls!

Breaking free of the illusion he temporarily trapped her in, she reeled back, falling against the couch as she gasped for air. "Hm. You figured out the truth pretty quick. Yes, my stand switches two objects that I have touched within a set amount of time, but you... I haven't gotten the chance to. It's a shame, that wouldn't have been an illusion. Take it as a warning."

"Should have done it anyways, it would have been easier." (Y/N) grit her teeth, wiping away a tear as she launched forward, her stand quickly taking effect on the area. She had planned to ensure that they couldn't touch her, and with her increased mobility, she had the upper hand. To prevent illusions, she just had to make sure his stand doesn't get the chance to gaze at something of hers. Leaping off the walls, she adjusted her position to kick him in the back, only for him to turn and smack her with another object he had touched, the hefty book. Thrown off her course, she crashed into him, and soon it would be all over.

As Her friends finally reached the top floor, having battled and defeated the boss, it was a little too late. (Y/N) hung far above the ground by the collar of her shirt, swaying softly like a kitten held at the scruff of their neck. The broken wine glass pressed against her throat, drawing pearls of crimson a little too bright to be the color of wine. "Nobody try anything or the girl gets it!"

(Y/N) glanced up at her friends, knowing they wouldn't hesitate to step in and fuck shit up, but to her surprise, they looked... almost fearful. Of course they would after seeing their friend get shot only moments prior, they didn't want to see her already dead because of their mistake. It was a relief seeing her alive and kicking (quite literally), but still in danger. Danger that they willingly let her go through and that they weren't able to pull her out of.

An odd feeling stirred within her, but she ignored it, taking matters in her own hands and breaking free from his grip, allowing herself to plummet down four stories safely with help from SCF.  As she landed without a sound, above her, she could hear six consecutive gunshots as Mista finished off the one she couldn't. 

-+-

So if you couldn't tell I have slowed down a lot when it comes to writing and that is because finals are here again and I, once again, am going on a trip to check out some colleges (stay in school kids)

But haha small trivia time for this arc because why not

- Mr. GAPS's name is an acronym for Glass Animals: Pork Soda.
- this was ORIGINALLY going to be against a pasta corporation but I thought that was pushing it too far. Like it would probably be a very jojo thing? But I like the drama
- Antonio the boss was also actually going to be the pawn shop keeper's son, but I decided against that because the old man deserves a happy family with no mafia death and stuff. I have other plans for him anyway.