If You Can't Run From Your Problems You're Not Running Fast Enough

"Actually... Where are Trish and Giorno going to sleep? The only extra room we have is Fugo's room." Narancia hummed, stuffing his mouth with some pizza. "And also, our house is kinda crappy too."

"It's not that bad." Mista chortled. He was used to kind of run down apartments, they didn't have to be so spruced up and pretty, materialism was kind of just a drag. If you can guess, his room was pretty empty too, maybe a few posters and dirty laundry, but it was fine.

"I wish the water pressure was better, it's hard to wash my hair with it only dribbling." She grumbled, tying her hair out of the way to feast on her pizza. "But I like my room, it's a pain having to move and leave it behind."

"We can move somewhere else, we have enough money for it." Bruno brushed his hair from his face as he ate. Diavolo sent in the money periodically, and it was more than enough to live in the lap of luxury for a few years, but they had a lot of work to do, so they should tweek out their grievances while they still had the time to.

"Maybe the boss has a mansion we can take over?" Mista grinned, dreaming of pool parties and big rooms... it really was zero or a hundred with him.

"I doubt it. He doesn't seem like the type to care about that stuff." Abbacchio chugged some white wine, his favorite. "Maybe he'll have a small apartment just to make sure he has a homebase, but I doubt he has a huge mansion just waiting-"

"He does have a residency, apparently." Giorno hummed, instead of eating, he decided to root through the laptop. There were still some files he couldn't break through, but he managed to find the bank records of their ex boss. "According to google maps, this is the place."

"Oh my god it really is a mansion." (Y/N) mumbled, a little dumbfounded. "Should we check that place out?"

"Well, I don't see why not. If it's already paid for, then it should be fine. Where is it again?" Bruno licked a little tomato sauce from his thumb, looking up at the group hovering over the computer.

"Hm... hour and thirty minute drive from here." Trish squinted her eyes. "It's actually not that far away."

"Hm. Are we doing this today? Or are we gonna go home and sleep for a month first?"

"Good point. Let's go home first. Giorno can take Fugo's room and Trish can sleep with (Y/N)." Bruno waved his hand. He knew his team was exhausted, so it would be fine to spend a day to rest their weary souls.

"Hella! We can have a girl's night!" She cheered, high fiving Trish. Her bed was big enough for the both of them, since she switched it out a few days upon her arrival. It could easily fit the both of them now. She didn't really change it for the sake of fitting another person, it was more because the mattress sucked, but she is very happy to note that the both of them could fit because aside from Bruno, she had the biggest bed and the coziest blankets.

-+-

"You have a cute room, (Y/N)." Trish ogled the strings of fairy lights taped haphazardly to the ceiling that gave everything a gentle yellow glow. They were a last minute touch to make everything a little more enjoyable, but they did give off a nice ambiance. Perfect for sleeping. "How long have you lived here?"

"A year, give or take. This was supposed to be my room for longer than that, but I guess not." She shrugged, collapsing into the sheets and inhaling that fuzzy scent of her laundry detergent. "I don't really put any effort in making my room a place to stay, but I still really like it."

"I get that." She nodded, laying down next to her and shutting her eyes. "Actually, do you have some clothes that I can sleep in? I don't want to sleep in these..."

"Yea, give me a moment." (Y/N) dragged herself to the dresser, scrounging through her clothes to get two baggy shirts and some breathable shorts. "Just throw everything else in the laundry basket, I'll wash it later."

"Okay." Trish nodded, this really was like a sleepover, but this time, she wouldn't be able to return home. Wow. She really can't go home anymore. What was she going to do now? Was she going to live on the streets? Would she still be targeted? Her mother gave her inheritance money, but how long would that last her?

"Hey, Trish? Is something wrong?" (Y/N) paused, standing in front of her. "You're staring at that shirt really intensely."

"Yea. No, I'm fine." She laughed softly, her eyes darting away as (Y/N) stripped out of her shirt, back to Trish. Her eyes wandered towards her tattoo, studying the shapes and the roses before they were gone, hidden under her shirt. "About... About you, though. What did you do when you were young? When you didn't have a house to go back to?"

"Oh? Hm... " (Y/N) paused to think. She wasn't too embarrassed of her past, she lived the high life back then, when she learned how to do things properly. "Well, just lived life to the fullest, I guess. Why?"

"Because... I always had a home to go to, a mom who was there for me, but... I guess it finally kicked in that it's all gone now." Trish pulled the shirt over her figure, undoing her clothes beneath the comfy cover to throw in the wastebasket. "I don't know what I'm going to do now."

"... I'm happy to help. I can get you a home anywhere you want, with great schools and views and restaurants, I'll guarantee you a happy and fulfilling life, Trish. You deserve to have the freedom to live like a normal person." (Y/N) took her hands, giving them a tight squeeze and holding them to her chest. "You can bet your ass that I will do whatever it take f=to guarantee your happiness."

Her words of kindness sent a blush to her face. "You really don't have to, you know? You've only known me for a week, so..."

"That doesn't matter." (Y/N) shook her head. Maybe she wanted to make Trish happy to prove to herself that it could be done. But whatever the reason, she just didn't want her friend to suffer. "So whatever choice you choose, I'll do my best to support you. Unless it's a terrible decision. Then I'll most definitely tell you."

"Right. Okay... thank you..." The pinkette smiled, her cheeks warm and her heart thumping like crazy in her chest. "Then... Can I stay with you?"

"Of course you can."