iii. No One Likes Neptune

━━ chapter three
no one likes neptune

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

━━Reyna's words sent Fiona on edge. She kept fiddling with her necklace, tracing the small features of the skull pendant and the hinge. Gaea was the earth goddess, Terra. She was the oldest goddess there was; the mother of the giants and titans, wife of the Sky, and Tartarus. She was powerful, dangerous, and can never be killed. She will always sleep. But ... but if she was waking ... no, Fiona couldn't think about that. Despite what Nico has said. Instead, she focused on how Percy just inhaled his cherry muffin and coffee. She was scared he'd be jumping off walls, but maybe coffee worked the same way it worked for her. It was a stimulus and helped her concentrate. Until it faded off, and Fiona was then just a slump of exhaustion.

As they approached the front gate, the barracks got bigger and nicer━Fiona resisted a scoff at the sight of the Cohort One and Two barracks. Percy watched one of the ghosts float past. "You guys are divided into different cabins?"

"Sort of," Hazel ducked as a kid riding a giant eagle swooped over her head. Fiona sent her middle-finger in the direction of the kid that just past when Hazel couldn't see. (Because she would do that little gasp thing and fan her face). "We have five cohorts of about forty kids each. Each cohort is divided into barracks of ten━like roommates, sort of."

"Wait━you're telling me there's two hundred kids at camp?"

"Roughly."

"And all of them are the children of gods? The gods have been busy."

"No, not all of them are children of major gods," Fiona said, all though, she couldn't help the tug of her lips at his amusing comment. He's cute, in a dorky way, that annoying voice muttered to her. Shut up! she snapped back at it. I know nothing about him! "There are hundreds of minor Roman gods. Plus, a lot of the campers are legacies━second or third generation, like me. Maybe their parents were demigods. Or their grandparents."

"Or children of a demigod and a god."

Fiona pursed her lips. Her fingers were back up to her necklace. "Um ... no, not so much ..."

Percy looked confused, but he soon shook his head, as if the idea baffled him. "Children of demigods ..."

"Why? Does it surprise you?"

He didn't answer. He just gazed off, and that sad look was back. "These Legos━"

"Legacies."

"They have powers like a demigod?"

"Sometimes," Fiona shrugged. "Sometimes not. I guess it depends on genes and how far down the generation they are."

"But they can be trained," added Hazel. "All the best Roman generals and emperors━you know, they all claimed to be descended from gods. Most of they time, they were telling the truth. The camp augur we're going to meet, Octavian, he's a legacy, descendant of Apollo."

Fiona scoffed, "So was Nero."

Hazel gave her a small amused glance. "He's got the gift of prophecy, supposedly."

"Supposedly?"

"You'll see."

Percy returned his curious frown back to Fiona. "Reyna said for you not to attack him ... what's that supposed to mean?"

Fiona rolled her eyes so harshly, they hurt. "Octavian is a skinny, annoying pig who thinks he's the best in the world just because he's augur. Sometimes he forget's he's a legacy and thinks he's the actual son of Apollo." She shook her head, getting angry just talking about him. "He's a stupid son of a━"