xxxiv. Fiona Hates Octavian

━━ chapter thirty-four
fiona hates octavian

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

    ━━They didn't make it to the ship in time. 

    Halfway across the dock, three gigantic roman eagles descended in a well-organised flock in front of them. Each deposited a Roman commando in purple and denim with glittering gold armour. Fiona would have been fine━maybe could have somehow explained their situation to them━until she saw Octavian land with them, raising his visor to shriek:

    "Surrender to Rome!"

    Hazel drew her cavalry sword and grumbled, "Fat chance, Octavian."

    Fiona fixed her dagger and glanced at Annabeth━a nod to her to let her know she'll take them out when she wanted to until Octavian noticed and gestured two fingers back to his companions and towards her. Before Fiona could realise, the two others threw a set of Imperial Gold bolas, and Fiona's legs were knocked together. She fell to the ground, gasping in pain.

    She tried to get out of them, but the weight was too much. "Dammit Octavian!" she shouted.

    Annabeth ran to help her, but realised it would be unwise, considering they were outnumbered weapon wise. Fiona grit her teeth, still struggling. 

    Octavian scoffed down at her. "We fixed your little speedy problem, Fiona. How does it make you feel to be just as slow as all of us again?"

    Piper raised her hands in a placating gesture, even though she looked murderous over what Octavian had done. Fiona's knees seared with pain and when she looked down, she thought she might be sick at one knee-cap completely turned to the side. "Oh, gods," she mumbled and threw her head back. She refused to show her pain, even though it made her want to scream. 

    "Octavian," she said, taking a careful step forward, "what happened at camp was a set-up. We can explain."

    "Can't hear you!" Octavian yelled. "Wax in our ears━standard procedure when battling evil sirens. Now, throw down your weapons and turn around slowly so I can bind your hands."

    "Let me skewer him," Hazel muttered. "Please."

    Annabeth glanced back and forth between them all, her gaze settling on Fiona with distress in her grey eyes. She was trying to figure out a plan, but they were stranded. The ship was only fifty feet away, but there was no sign of Coach Hedge or Sam on deck. Jason's group wasn't due back until sunset, and Percy would be underwater ...

     Percy was underwater.

    Ignoring her pain, Fiona reached back for her dagger tangled amongst the rope as Octavian demanded, "Well?" his two friends brandished their swords━stupid first Cohort junkies...

    Fiona managed to grab the hilt of her pugio. She held it up, biting back her cries of pain to wave it at Octavian to tell him, You want this━? With everything she had, she leaned back and threw it right across the deck and into the water. 

    Octavian made a squeaking sound. "What was that for? I didn't say toss it! That could've been evidence. Or spoils of war!"

     Fiona just sent him the finger before dropping back down, her head hitting the deck. Please get it, she prayed. Please see it. She was in so much pain, her eyes brewed with tears, and she swallowed it down. Just hold on for a little longer.