xxv. A Feast For The Greeks

━━ chapter twenty-five
a feast for the greeks

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

━━Fiona will state the truth: she was nervous.

She stayed close to Percy as they all travelled outside into the forum to see the Greek heroes and Jason Grace arrive past the Pomeranian Line. There was a sea of Roman demigods, veterans and their kids watching the descent of the warship. The rope ladder fell down, and the first figure to step off was a tall teenage girl with a flurry of golden blonde curls. Her feet landed on the stone pavement and Fiona saw her tanned skin glitter bronze in the summer morning sun. She walked through the ocean of demigods, and they parted for her. As she got closer, Fiona saw her eyes to be like steel; a calculating and analytical grey that made her stomach jolt. She knew that look because she saw that look every time she looked in the mirror. She was dressed in a similar shirt Percy had shown up in: orange with the words Camp Half-Blood across her breasts and a pegasus mid-flight underneath. There was a scabbard on her arm, but no weapon. But it let Fiona know she carried a knife. Immediately she knew that this was Annabeth Chase.

(And she was slightly intimidated by her).

Following behind her were what Fiona could guess to be the three other demigods. Leading the pack was a face she hasn't seen in what seems like years. Jason Grace always had a regal look about him, which she guessed came with being the son of the King of Olympus. He was tall, muscular with cropped blond hair━he was text-book Roman. The right hair cut, the right hem of his jeans and shirt, even his praetor cape that he had worn over his orange shirt much like Annabeth's. His eyes were sky-blue, but they always seemed to crackle with electricity whenever he got angry. And his lip━the scar he had told Fiona he had gotten after biting a stapler when he was a child. He had that sad look upon his face, as usual. Now, Fiona had always been too scared to decree the two of them friends, but when Jason met her gaze, she saw his face brighten up, and a smile etch onto his face. Maybe ... just maybe ... they had been friends.

Next to him walked a girl. She eyed the Roman demigods with a gaze of caution, which Fiona decided was very wise. Her skin was rich, with a golden undertone, and as if someone had swiped smooth brown icing over it━she was without a blemish, an imperfection. She had a sharp look to her; her nose was pointed, and her eyes━while ever-changing in colour━were like those of a eagle. She was stunning, but dimmed it down. Her hair was long and brown, but uneven, as if chopped messily with a knife rather than sizzors. It was textured with minature braids. The girl wore a very mist-matched outfit, but still seemed to make it work. Her Hello Kitty shirt and ripped three-quarter shorts that frayed at the ends was a strange combination, along with her laced brown combat boots━but she still looked like she had walked straight off a runway. She screamed I'm not like other girls, and Fiona found it slightly annoying at first, but then she reminded herself, don't judge straight away.

Finally, came forward the boy they had seen in the holographic message━the boy whose name was Leo but looked exactly like Sammy Valdez. He was cute, in an elfish, crazy-smile way. Shorter than his friends with hair as wild as fire, Fiona immediately did not trust him with matches. He wouldn't stop fiddling with anything he could━tucking his hair behind his ears, the buttons of his jacket, ruffling up his hair ... his face was covered in oil, grease and is that Tabasco sauce? He was thin, scrawny and with ears that poked out of his hair like porkupine quills.

In seeing Annabeth, Fiona felt Percy tense beside her, as if he couldn't exactly believe it that she was here. She tried not to be jealous, but she kind of was. Annabeth was pretty, and she had tan skin and blonde princess curls. And she was smart━Fiona has heard quite a lot about her. As she stopped to study Reyna who greeted them all with her usual scowl, Percy smiled.