Chapter 4

I slept so much better that night than before. Who would've know What a difference a simple set of sheets made? I rubbed the sleeep from my eyes as I pulled on my house coat and bedroom sippers. Shaking off the  cold chill making it's way up my back, I made my way to the kitchen to make a bowl hot oatmeal and toast. While my water boiled for my oats, I tossed a few pieces of wood into the stove, immediately warming up the house.

    Today was the day I'd be meeting the rest of the high ranking members of the "pack" as Alpha had called it. I was nervous. What if they didn't approve of me as their new bartender/manager? Or what if they didn't approve of the Alpha's decision to move me into the compound? Especially since he'd enlisted several members to do those chores yesterday.

    Upon finishing up breakfast and washing my dishes, I decided id spend the day prepping for the most important night of my life. I made myself a tall glass of chocolate milk (because I'm a classy lady) and made my way into my little bathroom. I connected my phone to the Bluetooth speaker sitting on the counter and stripped off my pjs. I tuned my phone to an old country playlist, Hank Williams' smooth voice echoing off the walls. I turned the water to 'hot' and stepped into the shower. I quickly washed and deep conditioned my hair, following with an intense full body exfoliation and shave. I have OCD, and it causes me to have an extreme disgust for germs and hair (excluding head hair, eyebrows, eyelashes... and hairy men. Yes please and thank you). Once I was satisfied that I'd killed all my germs, I turned off the water. My OCD made me scrub the tub out with bleach to kill any lingering germs before having a bath to relax. I smeared on a thick hydrating and pore cleansing face mask; I grabbed my lavender bubbles and matching bathbomb. I stepped into the deep tub, turning the water to 'hot', pouring in some bubbles, and leaning back.  My mind wandered back to the few days prior, the night my life changed. How could Matthew do that to me? I was a good woman. Too good, I guess. I shook my head and turned off the water, as it had nearly reached the top of my chest. I dropped in my bomb, watching the colors swirl as the water changed from clear to a deep purple with a slight shimmer. The intense lavender smell penetrated senses, the smell instantly relaxing me. I must've fallen asleep, because when I awoke the water had gotten cold. I drained the tub and stepped out, wrapping myself in a black cotton bathrobe, and used another black cotton towel to twist my hair up.

    I moved over to the small vanity table that held my various makeup items and hair products. I wanted to look nice and make a good impression, but I certainly didn't want to come off as too glam for a biker bar. After applying my foundation, I decided on a neutral yet Smokey eye, blending shades of brown together. I topped it with a small black wing and mascara, and a natural shade lipstick. The browns and black made my green eyes stand out, considering it was the only feature I even liked about myself. After blow drying my long brown hair, I straightened out the frizzy waves, smoothing out my hair.

    Moving to my closet, I was stumped on what to wear. I'd not seen any other women in the compound, so I wasn't sure what was right. Sure, I'd been on a motorcycle, and been to a biker bar, but never a club. But, I also wanted to show the real me.  I decided on a pair of skinny jeans and light grey,V-neck knit sweater. Looking in the mirror, it was clear. This was as good as it was gonna get. I was a librarian at heart, the ultimate Ravenclaw. I loved books, learning.... I wasn't a rough and rowdy bartender. Shaking away the negative thoughts, I pushed my black-rimmed glasses back up my nose.

    It was about 4:30, and I didn't need to leave till 5:30. My stomach was a twisting into knots from the nerves. If this went badly, I'd have to start completely over again. If it went well, then I'd have a new home. I pulled out my phone and texted Collin.

Me: hey dork
Collin: heyy! How's our  little biker?
Me: ha ha. Furthest thing from a biker. Alpha is having me meet the high ranking members today, to get official approval.
Collin: oh wow. He must really like you. Women aren't usually allowed in pack meetings 😳
Me: well now I'm not as nervous if the alpha likes me that much. Thanks Collin.
Collin: hey no prob. You wanna grab dinner one night here soon? I mean Ik you just moved here and all..
Me: ummmm. Sure. That would be fun. I'm not really ready for a relationship rn, but we could totally hang out
Collin: oh ok. That's cool too. Hey I gtg. Got a call. Another crack head doing crack head stuff

    I could tell I had hurt his feelings by rejecting his proposal for a date. But honestly, I didn't know if I'd ever be ready, and I didn't want to lead him on. Collin was a good guy, cute. He deserved someone a lot less broken, that's for sure. Checking the time, i realized it was now 5:10. Grabbing my carhardt vest and a matching beanie, I closed the front door behind me, locking it up tight.

    The building was at the very back of the compound, a good 15-20minute walk. The logo on the doors showed the grim reaper on a bike, the words Hell Rider's printed under it in blocky letters. Walking into the small foyer, there were old photos neatly framed along the walls of who I assumed were former members. Suddenly, the door opened and the Alpha walked in from the cold.

"Oh hey Lily. Glad to see you're on time. Shows reliability", he said while hanging up his jacket on the legged board hung on the wall.

"Yes sir, Alpha. I can't stand to be late anywhere. It's a pet peeve of mine", I said with a smile, following his lead of hanging up my vest and hat.

"Good, good. Now I've got to go open the meeting. When it's time for you to come in, I'll come and get you", he said and pushed open the double doors. I just nodded and took a seat in a large leather chair in the corner.

About 20 minutes went by, I could hear the Alpha explaining that he'd hired a new bartender and that they would be staying in the cabin back behind the garage. Then the door slowly cracked open.

"Lily, if you will. It's time", he said with a serious face while holding open the door. I swallowed hard and took a breath. Here goes nothing.

———————————-
It's late, i know. Working on chapter 5 right this minute. Will hopefully be up today.