Chapter 14

I stayed sick for 2 weeks straight. It was the flu, and the cold rain turned it into pneumonia. That's why I hurt so badly. Jonah never left my side until the last day when he went back to his old room for a few things.

When I woke up the next morning, I was sweating. It was so hot in the house. I kicked off my blanket and changed into a pair of shorts and a tank top, getting up to go to the kitchen for a cold drink. Walking into the kitchen, there sat Jonah, Alpha, and a few other men I'd never seen before. I rolled my eyes, still not having forgiving them for keeping my guard dog away for 2 days with no word or update. They were all sitting at the table, talking when I walked in.

I was getting a little... frustrated, so to speak. It had been over a year since I'd had any sexual contact, as Matthew had wanted to "wait for marriage with me", and I'd been here with Jonah for 5 months. I smirked to myself and leaned over the table, slowly kissing Jonah softly and slowly, and running my fingers through his beard. He gave a low growl of appreciation before growling menacingly at the other men and pulling me into his lap.

"Good morning, Hellhound", I giggled, nuzzling his chest, him wrapping his arms around me and kissing my head.

    "Good morning, my mate", he whispered. "Where are the rest of your clothes? I don't want anyone else looking at my mate that way..."

    I shrugged and leaned up into his neck. "Good thing I don't want anyone else then, right? Good thing I'm all yours, and they better know it, or I'll sic the Hellhound on them."

    Jonah's grip tightened around my waist. The Alpha cleared his throat, making us turn to face him. "What we are here for is, we are all going to the mall in Johnson city. Jonah insisted on taking you today, and right now... with the Serpent Sons situation.... no one goes anywhere alone.  So go get ready. We'll meet back here in 2 hours."

    I got up, making sure to wink in Jonah's direction. . He immediately got up behind me and followed me to the bedroom, slamming it behind us.

    "What the HELL was that. Showing off like that in front of them... had them staring at MY mate." The Hellhound growled and pulled me against his chest. I giggled, loving his roughness and dominance.

    "Trying to give YOU... mr. hellhound... a hint. A hint for you to take what's yours and claim it before some other guy thinks I'm not claimed." I rolled my eyes and smiled.

    He just growled and shoved me onto the bed, straddling my waist and leaned down, kissing me hard. "We will soon. I'm getting impatient as well.. there's just a few things I've got to do first. Now get ready. You need a shower..... stank ass." He teased, hitting me with a pillow.

    "Rude Ass. I'll be back soon." I said, slowly peeling off my top before winking and going into the bathroom and shutting the door. I hurried through my shower, using a strawberry scented shampoo/conditioner and body wash. While letting my hair partly air dry, I did a Smokey eye and lipstick. When I was done curling my hair, I threw on a pair of black skinny jeans and a black v-neck tshirt and my combat boots. Jonah came back in the room when I finished to check me over, as always. I didn't mind. I liked that he was protective of what was his. He nodded with a growl and threw me a helmet with my name on the back.

    " we get to ride today! Really?! " I asked excitedly. When he nodded in response, I laughed and jumped into his arms. I'd wanted to ride for so long, but it was too cold. He chuckled and spun me around till I was on his back and he carried us outside to his very large custom Harley with ape hanger handle bars. He sat me down on the back, making sure my helmet was strapped on tight. He then ran back in and came out with a wrapped gift box, handing it to me.

    "What's this, babe?" I asked, seeing his eyes light up and the pet name I'd called him. I tore open the poorly wrapped box (clearly wrapping was not his strong point. Guess that would be my job this Christmas). I gasped when I saw what was inside. A leather vest with the club logo on the back and a large patch at the top that read "Property of the Hellhound", and on the front was my name in small letters. Tears welled up in my eyes as he had officially claimed me for all to see. "Thank you, Jonah. I love it so much!" I cried, throwing my arms around his neck. He just chuckled and kissed my head, making sure I was comfortable and mounted the front of the bike. The alpha and the other men sat in front of us on their bikes as well as several of the other members that had decided to come along. There was probably 40 of us going together. One man was driving a large box truck, I guess to carry everything that was bought. Once everyone was ready, Alpha waved his hand in the air in a circle, and lead us all out through town and to the interstate.

An hour and a half later, we pulled into the parking lot, making a large Pack with the bikes, surrounding the Alpha. Jonah helped me off his bike and checked me over to make sure I was ok. After securing our helmets in the saddle bags, he took my hand tightly in his and pulled me over to where the Alpha stood with everyone gathered together.

"Y'all know the drill. Groups of 6 or more! With the Serpent Sons on the prowl, we have to be extra cautious. Let's meet at the food court at 12, and we'll meet back here at 4. Let's go." Alpha bellowed for all to hear.

Jonah pulled my hand and we began our walk across the parking lot. Once we got inside, our large group of burly men earned a lot of stares from the other patrons in the mall. I wasn't good with crowds, and Jonah noticed, because he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and gave a glare to anyone staring, forcing them to look away. This was gonna be interesting.

————————————-
One more tonight for my friend that's having a rough time right now, AND is sick on top of it. 🥰 hope you feel better soon