Chapter 20

Married... me! I was married to the love of my life! Jonah and I had quickly moved from his little room at the compound to our new home and settled in. We adopted a bloodhound, Bo, and he instantly became Jonah's right hand man, as well as an amazing guard dog for when I was home alone.

    I'd kept my job at the bar, now the resident manager and occasionally helped out waitressing. Jonah always sat in his same spot in the back corner, growling like a primal beast at any male that posed a threat to what was his. Of course, no one dared to unless they were blind drunk or just stupid, considering I wore my "property of the Hellhound" vest daily. It kept me safe. Some of the new waitresses had tried to flirt with Jonah when they first started, but I shut that shit down real fast. He's my husband, but mainly I did it to see that smirk that Jonah always wore when he got to witness me being territorial instead of him.

    One day, however she found me, Amber came waltzing into the bar looking for me. She was horrified at my lovely new scars and badass demeaner, let alone the fact that I'd married the scariest man in the whole compound. She was asking if I'd seen Matthew or heard from him; that he'd left for a business trip and wasn't answering any calls or anything for months! She was pregnant and wanted him to know. Of course, it hurt. Jonah and I wanted a child. I denied seeing him, which technically wasn't a lie. I hadn't seen that piece of trash since that day at the warehouse, considering my now husband had murdered him and had done god knows what with the remains. For all I knew, they were scattered from here to China. She was later escorted off the property and told not to come back unless she wanted the same fate. Havnt heard from her since.

    Jonah and I had discussed children, even went to a doctor and talked about it. All they could tell us was that it would be very difficult for us to conceive, if at all, and that honestly we shouldn't even try, to save ourselves the heartache of miscarriage. I'd cried for weeks, as did Jonah. We'd wanted a baby so badly that would biologically carry on the Hawk family name. Of course, there was adoption, but it just didn't feel like the right option for us. We had Bo, and that would have to suffice. Id went into a pretty deep depression for a long time, but Jonah was always there to be my rock and took care of me no matter how far I slid into that deep hole of sadness.

    Baby or no baby, Jonah and I had each other and the pack. Our family was always there for each other and I wouldn't change it for the world. Our outside friends didn't understand our undying dedication for the Pack, and they never would. They didn't know the extent of the things that we all went through, and we would never tell them. Pack business, of course......

WITH THAT, I shut the photo album and held it close to my chest. I looked down at the little ones surrounded at my feet, all 4 of them looking just like their mama and daddy. After 10 years, we were finally able to conceive and carry to term a healthy boy, Jack Carter Hawk.

    "Grandma Lily, did all that really happen?" One asked. I just smiled and looked up as Jonah walked in, his signature Mohawk abandoned years ago. In its place, a slicked back haircut with buzzed sides. The Hellhound rarely came out anymore. Only when someone threatened his family. When the Alpha died, he took over. And when he retired, our son Jack took over, and he's training his son to do the same.

    Looking around at my little family, I smiled. Every thing was perfect.

————————————————-
And that's a wrap! Thank y'all so much for the overwhelming support! I love each and every one of you! I'm going to be working on a new book soon! So keep an eye out 🥰🥰