Chapter 8

Jonah and I went to bed soon after that. We had stayed silent, just enjoying each other's company. When we Went to bed, he immediately pulled me back into his hard chest, wrapping his muscled arm around me, holding me tight. It made me feel safe.

The next morning, my alarm went off and I slipped out of bed and into the bathroom to get ready. I was casually showering when the curtain was ripped open to reveal a terrified Jonah. I let out a scream and pulled the curtain back around me, shocking him back to reality.

"I'm so sorry!! I didn't see you when I woke up, and thought something had happened!" He yelled back, while covering his eyes and trying to navigate out of the bathroom, tearing down the towel rack in the process. All I could do was stand there in shock, till I burst out laughing. I could hear him cursing himself in the other room, so I wrapped up my shower and stepped out into my bedroom. Jonah was lying across my bed on his stomach, his feet still nearly touching the floor.... I mean.. the mans 6'8, everything is too small for him.

I stepped over to my dresser, pulling out underwear and a pair of skinny jeans and my uniform shirt. After dressing in the bathroom, I came out to find Jonah sitting on the bed with two cups of steaming coffee. The sight was almost comical, as the mug looked more like a tea cup in his massive hands. I gratefully accepted and sipped on the hot drink as I straightened my hair and did a little makeup. Jonah would make a comment hear and there, but other than that, he was quiet. Today was Friday, so it was my last day for the week.

"Ugh, I can't wait for tomorrow. Collin and I are going bowling again with some of his friends. It'll be nice to leave the compound for a little while", I said to Jonah.

    "Who the hell is Collin? That scrawny kid that dropped you off last week?" Jonah growled out.  I could tell he was frustrated. "I don't like him..."

    I giggled and wrapped my arms around his chest, his immediately copying mine. "He's just a friend, Jonah. He's not even my type, so don't worry."

    He sighed and let me go, following me out the door to the bar. Like every day before, Jonah dropped me off at the bar with a tight hug and went to work. When I asked what he did, he just said not to worry about it, that I didn't need that stress on me. I didnt push, just figured he would open up when he was ready.  We had the same routine for weeks. He'd take me to work, wait for me to close and walk us home. On the saturdays, I'd hang out with Collin and his friends, and Jonah would lecture me about how much he doesn't like or trust him. One Saturday night, while out with Collin, I asked.

    "So, we're all on lockdown at the compound still. Apperently some rival club is threatening their territory and the Alpha want to keep us all safe." I told Collin.

    "I could come and stay with you. It would be good to have an armed guard in the house, ya know?" He offered back. I held back a laugh. Collin was barely 6foot and was scrawny as a rail.

    "It's alight. Thanks though. But Jonah has moved in and I don't think he's gonna move out even after lockdown. I've gotten so used to him being there and snuggling at night. I love it!" I said with a smile. To be honest, I was kinda ready to go home already, and be there with him instead.

    "Jonah? That big guy with the tattoos? He looks kinda dangerous if you ask me. So what, you sleepin with him now? Didn't take you for that kind of girl...", Collin said while sipping on a martini.

    "Excuse me? What the hell collin! We aren't sleeping together, not like that at least! We've not even kissed! Sure we hug, and he cuddles at night... but that's it! Ya know what.... screw you. I'm leaving." I said angrily. I could feel the steam smoking from my ears. My blood was boiling and I didn't want to be near him. I stood quickly, shoving him out of my way and grabbing my hoody. Pulling it on as I walked out the door, I could hear Collin's yells of protest and apologies.

    I was rounding the corner when I slammed into a hard chest. Looking up, I came face to face with a terrifying looking man. He was skinny, almost junkie skinny. His blonde hair was slicked back and a green bandana was tied around his forehead. His arms shot up to steady me, making me cringe from his touch. I glanced down at his leather vest, seeing the Serpent sons logo. I froze. This can't be happening....

    "Well we'll well. What do we have here?" He said with a sickly smile. Several other men emerged from the shadows, all wearing Serpents vests. I began to panic, my breathing growing shallow. I was nearly an hour from home, with no help in sight. I felt my back being shoved into the brick wall of the alley, his filthy hands roaming my body.

    "Hey Viper, she's got a Hell Rider's shirt on. She's that new girl, I think. Let's take her, boss would be so happy." One of the men said while laughing. Viper just grinned and slammed my head into the wall, making me see stars.

    Suddenly, the rev of an engine of a truck and headlights shining on us made us all turn to look. All I could see was the silhouette  of the figure, before the sounds of gunshots rang through the air and I fell down to the ground. I felt two arms reach under me, picking me up and Laying me on what I assumed to be the seat of the truck.

    "It'll be alright Lily. I'll get ya back home. Shewwww girl. He is not gonna be happy. " the man said, nervously.

    "A...alpha?" I said shakily, on the verge of losing consciousness. My head hurt and the stickiness of my face confirmed my suspicions that I was losing blood.

    "Yeah girly, it's me. Stay away for me, darlin. You gotta stay awake for Jonah." He said loudly, making my ears ring.

    "Thank... you.... s-", I said as I passed out from the pain. I was exhausted and hurting. I don't remember anything else after that.

    I don't know how long I'd be out, but the next thing I remember was waking up to excruciating  pain in my side and sitting up with a scream. A pair of strong hands held me down and yelled for help, the voice sounding distressed and familiar. I whimpered and flinched away from the touch, the memories flooding in, sending me crashing back into the darkness.