Chapter 5

Entering the room, I was met with the stares of twelve terrifying men. There was a long table in the center of the room, the men seated around it. The shear size of these men was enough to scare even the toughest of people. Here I was, a 5'1", 115lb librarian facing them head on.

    The Alpha had his hand on the small of my back still, comforting me slightly, even if he didn't mean it that way. I'd come to see the older man as a fatherly figure, and knew I could trust him to keep me safe. He cleared his throat before speaking in his booming voice, " Men! This is Lily Hale. She's going to be the new bartender here in the compound. She will be starting Monday morning. I want you each to take it upon yourselves to see that she stays safe at all times, until she is comfortable. Now. I'd like to hear your thought. Anyone?" He asked while turning to look down at me.

    The men just looked at each other before looking back at me with hungry stares. Sure, I was semi- attractive. But the intensity made me nervous. They each put their fist over their chests, a sign I learned meant loyalty.
    I was visibly shaking in fear. I coughed a little before speaking up softly. "Umm... thank you for welcoming me to your Pack. I know I'm not technically a member, but I appreciate you giving me a chance to work and live in your club. I'll do my very best and I'll be loyal to each and everyone of you." I have a small smile and nervously wrung my hands.

    The Alpha patted me on the back, "Youll be fine. These are my very best men. My beta, Jaxon. Our secretary, Amos....", the Alpha went down the line, introducing each high ranked member. Each gave a single nod, but never letting their eyes leave me.  The alpha gave a sigh, "Where's Jonah? I know this isn't his type of meeting, but he's still a high ranked member. He should be here."

    Jaxon cleared his throat ,"It.... it wasn't a good day for him, Alpha. It was a hellhound day.." he stated, seemingly nervously. The Alpha nodded understandingly and adjourned the meeting, letting everyone go back to work or home. I went home and decided to study up on bartending techniques and recipes. I only had a few days left to become an expert. It was about 12:45am when I finally put my books away and crawled under my covers after restocking the fire.

    I had decided that my last 2 days, I'd be studying and practicing. Lord knows I needed it. I couldn't tell you a Manhattan from a sex on the beach. I silently said my prayers and rolled over, falling into a deep sleep.

During the remainder of my vacation, I studied and studied as hard as I could. I barely ate, barely slept. I did hang out with Collin on that Sunday. We went and had lunch at the Waffle House and then bowling at the local alley. I actually had a great time. He picked me up from the front gate, and dropped me off with a quick hug.

Much to my surprise, upon walking up on the porch, I was welcomed by the sight of the Alpha and an extremely large, angry looking man. Both intimidating men had their arms crossed tightly across their chests, but this man... this greek GOD.

His long dark brown beard reached his collar bone, and his chocolate brown hair was styled into a sort of long Mohawk. The sides were shaved, but the center was shoulder length. His massive arms looked like they could crush a man with a single swing. I looked up at his face.... the black eyes that pierced my soul with an intensity that made me squirm in place. A long scar crossed through his right eye, from eyebrow to cheek, and another short one crossed the bridge of his nose. He had definitely seen battle.

"Sooo... who was that", the alpha asked curiously. He had a small smirk on his face that proved he wasn't as angry as he let on.

"He was the officer that helped me out when I first got into town. His name was Collin. He was just showing me the town.... waffle house and the bowling alley. Just as friends!!" I said with a small laugh.

"Girl, I don't care what you do or who your hang out with. This guy was worried though. He said he saw you leave in a strange car and then he dropped you off.". Alpha said while pointing a thumb at the giant beside him. The man just grunted in response, tightening the grip on his chest. "This is Jonah. He's our enforcer.... the Hellhound, if you may. He takes care of all the trouble that tries to come up. Personally, I wouldn't want to cross paths or be on his bad side."

"Yes Sir, Alpha. I just needed a small break before I started work tomorrow. I've been studying non stop since the meeting. Collin is just a friend.. I promise. Lord knows A relationship is the last thing I need right now." I avoided Jonah's gaze, his intensity was just too much. I unlocked the front door, moving aside for the two men to go in. They stepped in, looking around curiously.

"You've done a lot with it! I don't think I've ever seen it so clean, to be honest. Looks great, girly. But me and this monster have gotta get going. Be sure you lock up, and we'll see you in the morning." The alpha said while ushering Jonah out the door.

I closed the door behind them, locking it behind them. I smiled to myself as I leaned against the door. The hellhound was worried about me? Why me?

I changed into some pjs, before washing my face and taking a quick shower. I was tired, but needed to wash my hair for my first day tomorrow morning. I yawned and crawled into bed, letting sleep take over me, vivid dreams of the Hellhound making his way into my mind. Dang him.....

————————————
As promised! Starting chapter 6 now🦸‍♀️