Bonus Chapter 2: Talks of Trash

Bonus chapter 2 is here! Please, drop likes, comments and reviews! It is much appreciated!

IMPORTANT: I have also uploaded the next chapter of my new book which is a romance fantasy so please check it out.

S. A. A

____________________

Aaron’s reaction when Lexi tells him that Elliot had come to her house.

Bonus Chapter 2

“Turn the volume down.” I said simply, choosing only to spare him a glance before returning my eyes to the book in my hands.

I could see his smirk in my peripheral vision and I felt the urge to snatch away the blanket, we were sharing, just to wipe the look off his face but I refrained from doing so. I regretted not doing so, however, when Aaron raised the volume, his eyes glittering mischievously.

I glared heatedly in his direction when the blare of sports was too loud to even hear my own thoughts.
“Aaron.” I gritted out, eyeing him.

His smile widened in response and he nudged me with his leg.
“What, Lexi? I just want your attention. Is that so bad?” He said in a woeful tone, but his blue eyes still glimmered bright. I rolled my eyes at his words before sitting up from the relaxed position I was seated in.

“I know, Aaron, but I was just getting to the good part.” I said honestly, waving the book in his face. A regrettable action on my part as Aaron chose then to snatch it from my grip and he laughed as I let out a squeal of protest.

He lay back down on the arm of the sofa, surveying the book with careful eyes. I reached out again to grab it when Aaron opened the book and scanned the pages, but he leaned further back to stop my actions. His nose scrunched up as he read and I smiled at how cute he looked, forgetting the task at hand.

“What kind of name is Rhysand and Tamlin?” He asked and I let out a huff of annoyance before reaching even further and snatching the book out of his hand.

“None of your business.” I snapped before cuddling back into the blanket. Aaron eyed me, an amused look in his eyes.

“You give them more attention than you’ve ever given me and they’re fictional characters.” He commented, his tone flat and I let out a small humorless chuckle, before placing my floral personalized bookmark into the book and shutting it with a soft ‘thud’.

“Hey, if they get you this insecure and annoyed, then they’re real enough for me.” I quipped to which Aaron huffed, folding his arms across his muscled chest. I ignored the urge to continue looking and settled my gaze on his eyes.

“I wouldn’t be so ‘annoyed’ if you at least acted like you loved me more than those characters you drool over.” He grumbled out and I raised an eyebrow, placing the book on the small tea-table beside me.

“Well, if I didn’t know any better, I’d say you were jealous.” I teased to which Aaron rolled his eyes.

“I’m going to chalk it to you reading that damn book for 3 hours, but you’d be pretty fucking delusional to think that.” He replied back haughtily and I raised my eyebrows at his words.

“Careful, Aaron, if your jealousy shows more, you’ll be sporting green skin for a week.” I joked and Aaron scoffed in response.

“At least, I’d have your attention then.” He pointed out and I leaned forward abruptly onto my hands so I was closer to his face.