Anticipation= Dread

Hey, guys! It's Thursday which means updating day!

I think a lot of you guys still think it's on Tuesday, so if you're confused as to what's going on, just check out one of the author notes I released.

Thanks to everyone who wished me luck for University because it was well needed. It's nice to see so many people with manners. That's so rare these days.

Anyways, with that tangent out the way, you guys read and enjoy! Comment if you have any suggestions and vote if you liked it!!

_____________________________________

The tears were uncontrollable now and I felt empty. Part of me felt as if he was walking away from me forever and there was nothing I could do about it. My heart was in pain and the dull ache in my stomach burned like a thousand stars. I needed him, that much I knew, so I did the only thing I felt right.

Moving forward, I sobbed as the tears streamed down my face.

"Aaron, wait! I love you."

And he stopped dead in his tracks.

**********

Another achingly long silence passed between us- an achingly long time in which I could sufficiently reflect and, consequently, regret my words.

But, it was far too late. The words had been uttered and all that was left was the anticipation for the response.

Anticipation being another word for dread.

Aaron hadn't moved from his position and I cursed internally. From how he was standing, with his back towards me, I couldn't see his expression.

What was he feeling?

His shoulders were tensed, that much I could tell. They had been tensed since I uttered those rotten words and the urge to go to him and power slam his shoulders down seemed insatiable.

Pulling me from my thoughts, Aaron turned his head slightly to his left, so he could look at me from the corner of his eye. He was breathing heavily, something I realised him and his friends had in common when they were angry.

I tried deriving emotion from the look he was giving me, but it was futile. His face was stone hard; unlike him. He dropped his gaze to the floor and a look of focus passed over his face.

He was thinking. About what, however, I was not sure. I felt the need to say something; something that could disrupt the silence that had created a pit on my stomach, but- before I could- Aaron sighed heavily and I watched his actions intently. He gazed up at me for a last second before slowly shaking his head and, with that, he exited the hallway.

He was gone.

I couldn't help it. The thought of how this may have been our last memory together stung at my heart and his absence bought tears to my eyes. This couldn't have been it for us. There needed to be more. I whimpered to myself as I remembered the worst bit in all this.

He hadn't said 'I love you too'.

The hurt etched deep within me. I hadn't expected a yes. However, I hadn't expected nothing to be said. The fact that I wasn't even worth an answer caused a stirring.

I stood numb, flinching slightly as I heard the 'bang' of the door as it shut. Yes. He was gone and, I knew, he wasn't coming back. There was no need. He had gotten what he had required and there was no further use of me.