That Poor Chalkboard

Hey, guys! Here it is- chapter forty! I hope you guys like it because I thoroughly enjoyed writing it!

Anyhoo, please vote if you liked it and comment if you have any suggestions or if you just wanna say a little something- go ahead! Its a free world!

Freedom of speech!!!!

Sorry, got a little carried away there! Just enjoy the chapter, guys!

Oh, and one more thing! Thanks to all the wonderful readers who have been posting messages on my message board and DM'ing me and commenting on the story! The positive comments are so nice to look at! I'm sorry if you feel like I'm ungrateful to them because- honestly- I feel the exact opposite! I love the positive comments and I'm so grateful for all you guys!

Wooh! Emotional-shiz out the way, so we can concentrate on the chapter!

Love you

S. A. A

__________________________

I pulled Elliot's neck in, closing the gap between us and our lips met sweetly.

I wouldn't fall for the playboy. Ever.

****************
Dread.

That's what I felt, thinking about the day to come. After an achingly short weekend, the time had come to go back to school and the thought of seeing both Elliot and Aaron had created a pit of fiery anxiety in my stomach.

After kissing Elliot, I had run away and laid in the comfort of my covers for several hours. I don't know why, but I couldn't face him again. I just couldn't.

How would I explain to both Aaron and Elliot why I had run away? Moreover, how would I avoid the awkwardness of talking to both of them given what had happened between us in our last encounters?

My parents had asked several times about my health when I came home, saying I was paler than usual, but I had simply dismissed them. It was no use to worry now when there was no hope for me.

I walked into school and put my books into my locker whilst giving a few waves and smiles to some passing students. Since the word got around that I was dating Aaron, other students had begun smiling at me. Heck, some even went out of their own 'virtuous' way to say 'good morning' which was odd. I shook my head, shutting my locker.

"Hey, new girl!"

I whirled around to come face-to-face with Danny; Justin stood not too far behind him- his eyes trained on his phone. I smiled half-heartedly at both of them.

"Hey, Danny." I greeted, giving him a little wave. I gave him my best enthusiastic smile yet I could sense how weak and forced it was.

Rather than noticing anything wrong, Danny's smile widened.
"I think someone's in a really good mood!" He said, tapping my nose lightly with an index finger. I nodded, again half-heartedly, hoping Danny wouldn't notice for the second time.

Justin looked towards me with curious eyes.
"Are you okay?" He questioned- an eyebrow raised. He placed his phone in his back pocket and came towards me. I bit my lip nervously. Danny was one thing- a very dumb thing at that- but Justin seemed sharp and, as expressionless as he was, I could tell he was probably very exact when it came to guessing what a person was feeling.

I nodded over-enthusiastically, smiling as widely as I can.
"Of course I'm okay!" I forced out with all the happiness I could muster. At this, his raised eyebrow raised even more, to the point I was afraid it would fly off his face.