006

[ SIX ]

[ SIX ]

𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 trailed upwards to meet Bakugou's meek stare, his words caught her completely off guard.

"A-Afraid? What do you mean?" She stuttered nervously, which only made his assumption more accurate.

"Ever since the festival ended you've been acting strangely, you're always so timid and awkward whenever you see me and it's starting to piss me off." He countered, a frown drawn across his blunt features.

Silence filled the air as her eyes widened slightly. She never realized her actions had such an effect on him.

Sighing heavily in defeat, she decided to clear the confusion quickly. "I'm not afraid of you, Bakugou. I'm actually inspired by you, I want to be strong just like you one day!" She explains, not breaking the eye contact. "However, I couldn't bring myself to properly face you after I lost so easily..."

Bakugou continued to silently stare at her for a while, his expression unreadable before he slowly began to walk towards the exit gate as if he did not hear her at all, his hand shoved in his pocket while the other gripped the bag on his shoulder. Only once there was a good amount of distance between them, he stopped and turned his head.

"You didn't lose easily, the fact that you were standing even after I attacked you continously proves you are not weak." He comments, loud enough for her to hear so he would not have to repeat himself, because being nice was like willingly swallowing poison for him.

Uraraka's ears excitedly perked at his words as she quickly scurried towards him, a wide grin on her face. "You really think so?"

He averted his eyes from her sudden cheerful behavior, his face turning a slight pink. "Don't get too ahead of yourself, roundface. The strategies you tried to use against me were too obvious, but I'm not surprised since it was that shitty Deku's idea." He quipped and rolled his eyes.

She looked over at him, eyes squinting. "....Deku's idea?"

"He was the one that told you what strategies to use to beat me, right? Since he has those useless notebooks about everyone's quirks." Bakugou stated with a grunt. "He said it was your idea but I don't believe for one second that-"

"Oh so you don't think I can come up with plans by myself?" She proclaimed, frowning. "Well it was my plan, not Deku's, he wanted to help up I declined his offer."

"You─What?" Bakugou questioned, surprise evident on his face. He assumed all this time that Deku told her atleast something about his fighting style or a method to win.

"Heroes need to come up with their own way to win, especially in an unexpected crisis when there's no one around to help you." She said shortly, throwing a few air punches and a high kick. "Independence!" she shouted with a playful smile.

He looked away, his face becoming flustered again as he let out a growl of annoyance.

Why does she have to be so goddamn cute all the time ? He thought.

A quick hand slap to his mouth made him realize what he was thinking.

"NO. SHUT UP, DAMMIT! " He suddenly yelled out, which caused a few peoples heads to turn in his direction.

Uraraka was taken aback by his abrupt outburst and lowered her head, feeling slightly embarrassed by actions.

"Sorry...was the high kick too much?" She inquired and puffed her cheeks.

Bakugou glanced at her with a heavy sigh. "That wasn't meant for you, cheeks. I was just, thinking out loud, wait no i─ugh, nevermind." He said and pinched the bridge of his nose, frustrated.

The fuck is wrong with me today? 

"O-Oh okay!" she replied sweetly as she continued to walk beside him.

There was an awkward silence between them, only constant yawns and footsteps could be heard aside from the buzzing and chatter from the other students eager to leave.

Once they escaped through the gate and onto the street, they were both amazed
at how long it took them to reach here. The distance from the school and the gate wasn't far at all, yet they were the last to leave.

Bakugou headed towards the pedestrians stop, cocking his head at Uraraka as she began to walk off in the other direction.

"Get some sleep, floaty. You look horrible." He remarked loudly.

"I could say the same about you, boom boom boy" She responded as she skipped across the sidewalk, waving at him before she disappeared into the next street.

Had she turned around she would see the temperamental boy having a small smile on his pale face. Usually, he would yell at her for giving him such a foolish nickname, but instead he had to resist the urge to laugh by biting his lip for a few seconds until his expression returned to its usual resting bitch face.

They met once, they parted once. Yet faith brought them together again.