007

[ SEVEN ]

[ SEVEN ]

H𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐃 back in his chair boredly the next day, head positioned upwards and eyes closed.

He could hear the girls muffled voices from across the room but somehow one voice only seemed to catch his attention.

His face screwed up and he peeked at her through his left eye, watching as she spoke through enthusiastic hand motions and constant giggling.

Girls...

"I didn't see you after school yesterday, Ochako. Where were you?" Tsu abruptly asked and put a finger on her cheek curiously.

Bakugou's eyes widen slightly and his head instantly snaps up, which scared the life out of poor Izuku since his chair was against his table and the sudden movement caught him off guard.

"K-Kacchan? A-Are you okay?" Izuku questioned, twitching slightly.

"Shut up, Deku. I'm fine." He yelled in response.

Uraraka looked over at Bakugou before answering, noticing the light blush on his cheeks and how tense he suddenly appeared to be.

She tilted her head, confused. Perhaps he did not want anyone to know about their encounter? Was he embarrassed?

Her glanced returned to Tsu and she smiled warmly, waving her hand reassuringly. "I forgot one of my books in class so I had to go back inside, I think you were gone already the time I left..." She lied with a nervous chuckle.

Bakugou scoffed, turning his attention to his notebook as if he was uninterested.

He was glad she didn't mention anything about him. He wasn't embarrassed about it but he was sure that Kirishima and Kaminari would make a big deal about it since Bakugou never usually talks to any girls.

"...We will continue our discussion later today." Ectoplasm soon concluded and left the class just as Midnight entered with sparkling eyes and a cheeky grin.

A few of the boys gawked at her as usual with flustered faces as she approached the teachers desk.

Iida immediately raised his hand. "Miss Midnight, I believe we do not have you for this period." He exclaimed, his hand moving up and down rapidly as he spoke.

Midnight nodded. "Yes, I am aware of that but Mr Aizawa has requested that I help out with today's training lesson, so before you change into your hero costumes. Today we are going to have training partners."

The entire class began to squeal and chatter in hushed tones, already discussing who they wanted to be with.

"Yo, Bakugou. Me and you right?" Kirishima called out cheerfully.

"Go die, weird hair." Bakugou responded bluntly.

"Can I be with you, Tsu?" Uraraka politely asked, tapping Tsuyu's shoulder.

"Sure." Tsu ribbited.

Midnight hit her whip on the table, which caused the entire room to immediately go silent. "...However, you are not allowed to choose who you are paired up with." Midnight added. "You will each choose a number before you enter Gym Gamma. Two people will have the same number and therefore be paired up, understand?" She continued.

Baffled, everyone exchanged disappointed looks and unenthusiastic moans.

"Miss Midnight? Why not assign us partners based on our fighting styles?" Tsu inquired.

"As future heroes, you need to be able to adapt with your surroundings as well as other pro heroes. Whether you know them or not you should easily be able to fight with them in battle." Midnight explained

Iida raised his hand once again. "Would it not be more simple if the school had assigned us partners randomly...? "

"Yes it would, but we decided to make things more interesting for you. Now, quickly. Into your battle suits!" Midnight said as she lead the class towards the changing rooms.

There was shuffling of chairs and soft muttering as everyone followed tentively behind Midnight.

Bakugou let out a frustrated growl. He thought that this was a waste of time. Why did they even need battle partners anyway? He was doing just fine by himself and now he was going to have some extra he had to fuck around with during training hours. Just perfect...

Uraraka's expression was simply blank as she walked beside the other girls. It didn't sound too bad to have someone to train with, she was just a bit upset that they were not allowed to choose who they could train with.

Her main concern was that she might be partners with end him.

She gaped at Deku from the side as a cold shiver ran down her spine.

"This is so lame..." Kaminari immediately began to complain.

"It's not that bad man, mysterious training partners sounds fun! " Sero replied.

"I wonder if we'll get paired up with any of the girls. That would be awesome. Don't you agree, Bakugou?" Mineta teased, smirking up at Bakugou.

Bakugou was startled, a small blush began to creep onto his cheeks as his hands began to shake with fury.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN BY THAT? YOU LITTLE SHIT-" He roared and began to chase after Mineta with explosions erupting from his hands.

Uraraka watched as Mineta pushed pass everyone in an attempt to escape from Bakugou. She chuckled at them amusingly with a small smile.

Training partners huh?