001

[ ONE ]

[ ONE ]

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐘 was dark and gloomy and there was chance of heavy rain but the sky held back for a little while, not wanting to shower the land with its sorrow just yet, just like her.

She scolded herself for not bringing along an umbrella and instead bringing the stupid gift she had crafted for Deku. It took her most of the night and all of her allowance, but she thought it would be worth it for him. Now there was more pressure on her as she would have to go without proper food for a while.

She threaded through the empty hallway of UA towards the exit in silence, luckily the exit was fairly empty so not much attention was brought to her.

-Flashback-

Today was the day, she had prepared the entire morning and the night before, practicing her lines and how she would say it and now it was finally time, it was the end of the school day and all she had to do was find him.

"Hey, Deku. Do you got a minute?" She asked in her usual, cheerful tone when she spotted him outside their classroom, making sure to conceal the gift behind her.

The green-haired boy looked at her curiously with a small smile and a quick wave before he looked away, holding onto his phone having been talking to someone at that moment.

"I just wanted say that you're amazing Deku, I don't know how you do it," she continued, being too lovestruck to realize he was barely listening. "you've been so nice to me, always motivating me and-"

She stopped mid-sentence as she tightened her grip on the gift bag behind her, a goofy smile on her face and her cheeks painted red as her next words escaped her lips.

"I think I love you Deku."

His eyes landed on her, almost dumbfounded by her words, his hands quivering but remained wordless.

How strange...

Izuku Midoriya or 'Deku', he was courageous, determined, brave, emotional, caring, socially awkward, the list goes on. For Uraraka, he was perfect, she thought he was the reincarnation of 'Boyfriend material.' Something about him just kept drawing her to him.

However for the past few days, she noticed his change in behavior, he would always say he was too busy or that he had to leave unexpectedly.

She also realized that he wasn't flustered as he usually was around her, he seemed almost upset at her presence.

"Deku? D-Did you hear me?" She stuttered nervously, suddenly regretting her decision to confront him about this.

"Okay, I'll see you later than, Mei." He spoke into his phone before ending the call and shoving the phone in his pocket.

"Sorry about that Uraraka, were you saying something?" Izuku asked half-heartedly as he looked eager to leave.

"Who were you talking to?" She suddenly asked, narrowing her eyes at him.

"It's Mei, Mei Hatsume. She's actually my... girlfriend now and I've been helping her out with some gadgets."

Uraraka tried not to show how hurt she felt after he referred to Mei as his 'girlfriend' but it was like being stabbed and not screaming or crying: impossible.

"Mei Hatsume? From the support course? B-But you never told me you guys are, dating now-" she choked, not meeting his eye this time.

"I'll catch up with you later I promise, okay?" He quietly offered.

"D-Deku, wait..."

But when she looked up, he was already gone.

Fresh tears clung onto her lashes but she wiped them away, besides the halls near the classes were still full and she didn't want anyone to see her like this.

Heartbroken, helpless and alone.

But had she known that there was a certain hot-head nearby, listening.

He always listened.

-End of flashback-

She looked down at the brightly colored green bag one last time before tossing it in the trash can nearby.

She was too late.

He was already someone else's.

Her mind was screaming at her, telling her what a fool she was.

Because loving and letting go was always unfair.