004

[ FOUR ]

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐃𝐔𝐒𝐊 turned to dawn, she realized she barely got a few minutes of sleep last night and it was already school again.

After letting the hot water of the shower fall onto her body to try and revive her from her fatigue state, she slipped on her clothes and chewed on a breakfast bar as she maneuvered out the front door.

She gripped the straps of her bag to keep herself in position and held her head low to try and hide the dark circles which formed around her eyes.

Everyone seemed focused on the upcoming final exams so she decided to use that as her excuse for staying up all night.

"Got to prepare ahead, right?" She would timidly add in.

Bakugou was not looking too good himself, his hair looked ruffled and displaced and he could not stop himself from yawning every few minutes.

He strode to his table with a glum expression, which Kirishima immediately noticed.

"Bakubro, are you okay man?" Kirishima than asked, consern in his voice.

Bakugou glanced over at him, letting out a irritated growl. "I'm fine dammit." He muttered, his eyes than searched the classroom and landed on Uraraka, who seemed to be having trouble keeping her eyes open for longer than 2 minutes.

"Look alive Uraraka, this isn't the time to be taking naps." Mr Aizawa scolded her.

Bakugou was the only one who could see through her fascade, through her pained smiles and fake laughter, how she would constantly say she was fine.

Only he knew the real reason she looked like a hot mess and it pissed him off knowing that worthless Deku could have such an effect on a girl.

He began to click his pen a few times to distract himself, a yawn escaping his lips. This weekend he would have to begin training and studying. He could not afford to have another sleepless night like this over something so meaningless. A stupid letter that was not even meant for him.

The bell soon chimed, indicating the end of the first few lessons and that it was already time for lunch.

Uraraka slumped like a zombie towards the cafeteria, a worried look on her face as she began to count her money.

"I don't know if this will be enough to buy anything... maybe mochi or rice?" She thought.

She stood in the line at the food stand, greeting Iida who was behind her and managed to steal a glance at Deku who waved awkwardly at her.

She quickly turned away, her face heating up as they usually would when she sees Deku but this time it was because she was angry.

He has some nerve...

When bakugou entered the cafeteria, he began to shove his way pass a few crowds so that he was almost at the front of the line, people began to argue and glare at him but he was not fazed by them. Whatever he wanted, he made sure he always gets.

He cocked his head when he began to hear someone mutter nearby, immediately assuming it was Deku he yelled: "Shut the hell up, ner-"

To his surprise, he turned to see a girl standing behind him, her eyes glued on her palm, counting each one of her coins carefully.

Uraraka?

He stared at her for a few seconds before he rolled his eyes and walked up to the counter to order.

"Give me a tray of meatballs, extra spicy." He slammed the money on the counter, "And whatever the girl behind me wants." he snorted, looking slightly embarrassed.

The lady behind the counter smiled at him "Aw, how sweet of you." She cooed.

"Shut up and just give the damn food." He scoffed and grabbed the tray of meatballs out of the woman's hand "Say it's from... someone in her class." He barked at the her before he left.

When Uraraka stepped forward, she handed the lady her cash but she shook her head.

"No, the young boy in front of you already paid for your meal, dear."

"W-What, who was it?" Uraraka asked, dumbfounded.

The lady simply smiled. "He wanted to remain anonymous but he is someone in your class, who I'm sure you might know." She winked before she handed her the bowl of rice.

Uraraka blinked in disbelief as she took her food and walked towards the table with Tsu and her other friends, smiling widely.

Thank you, whoever you are.