003

[ THREE ]

[ THREE ]

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐓 was bustling and filled with many people even in the rain, the sound of car tyres screeching and raindrops on umbrella's could be heard. The atmosphere was oddly cheerful for a rainy day.

Uraraka was slightly dazed and already soaking wet, she kept her eyes glued on the ground as she followed the path to her house. Lucky for her she was already all too familiar with the road that she didn't need to lift her head.

She was not upset about the rain, she believed the rain was a response to all the suffering in the world and it just meant that she was not crying alone.

As she turned the corner into her neighborhood, she wondered what she would be eating. There was barely anything left because she was supposed to buy some groceries but that will have to wait until the next week when she had more money.

Suddenly the image of leftover ramen she had a few days ago surfaced in her mind when she entered her house. She opened the fridge, pulling out the container and began to heat it up, frowning slightly at the unpleasant smell.

She sat at the table with a groan and poked at the food with her chopsticks. She held her head on her palm as she pondered over what a colossal idiot she was.

"I can get by the school day tomorrow with a small bowl of rice, right?" She muttered and quietly chewed her leftovers with a disgusted expression because it tasted slightly off.

"One day, perhaps I will be able to provide for myself and my family properly."

When Bakugou arrived at his home, he kicked the front door open and walked towards his room. He was still in deep thought about his decision and what he had witnessed so he planned to stay in his room for the rest of the day, besides having to eat.

"Katsuki? Is that you?" Mitsuki called out to him.

"Yes mom, it's me. Who else would it fucking be!?" He shouted in response as he stormed into room and slammed the door shut behind him, annoyed.

He shrugged, opening his bag and taking out the gift bag, throwing out its contents onto his bed.

There was not much inside but there was a neat envelope, a peculiar object and a box of chocolates.

His eyes darted to the glass sphere, he picked it up and viewed it from all sides. Squinting slightly, he noticed that there were tiny gold pieces floating in the form of a heart and the initials 'U + D'

He yanked his hair boredly as he set the sphere down beside the chocolates and reached for the envelope, ripping it open and reading the letter.

_________________________

Dear Deku.

I know, I know, you've probably scolded me for buying this since I barely have enough money to buy a gift for myself, (no pun intended.) but I just really wanted to give you this to thank you for everything.

You always inspire me to do my best, you're so kind, brave, funny and determined, cute, motivational--ah there's just so many things about you that I love (if you want I can write a book ;))

I actually had a crush on you since the day I saved you from falling on the first day at UA, since than I couldn't stop thinking about you.

So thank you for the butterflies, the blushing and the smiles.

(P.S: The glass ball won't shatter even if it falls, it's kind of like a symbol of my love for you, it can't break.)

Love, Uraraka
_________________________
__________________

His nostrils flared as he read the letter, suddenly having the urge to puke from all the nice words associated with Deku. He squashed the paper and threw it across the room, walking to his window and opening it, needing some air to distract him.

"This girl poured her heart out into that letter..."

Cold sweat began to slick down the side of his face and he frowned toothly.

He will not be able to sleep easily tonight.

Uraraka managed to swallow the last bit of ramen and began to weakly wash the dishes before she headed to her room, holding her stomach since she was feeling queasy.

She kicked her shoes off and landed face-first into her pillow on her bed, sobbing for what felt like an hour until her eyes seemed unable to produce any more tears.

She was a mess for him, and she knew it.

She turned over to lay on her back, staring at the ceiling as if it were the least bit interesting.

She will not be able to sleep easily tonight.