Part 2

"mum, hi what are you doing here?" I already knew the answer, but I played dumb for her sake. I know my mum the back of my hand, she was scared, scared for me. It wouldn't have been the first time Devin hit me. Everyone knew what was happening but did nothing to help me get out. Well everyone other than JJ.

--------------------------------------------------------------
FLASHBACK
9 years ago
I was walking around the park, waiting for JJ to get there. I had just gone to the hospital a few days earlier because of Devin. Nobody knew it was him at the time. Even though I was out of the hospital JJ still came.

That's how he was, if I ever needed him he would be there. And he was, every single time since we were 16. That's when I started dating Devin, that's when this happened.

We were at his friend's house and I guess I made him mad, he punched me so hard I broke my nose. I was fine now though.

I watched as JJ ran up to me, we were online friends for three years, you could say he was my closest friend. " Jasmine, what happened, are you ok?" he was talking so fast I could barely process what was happening.

JJ was in front of me, something I never thought I would say. He was the only person I trusted enough to tell about Devin, he wanted to kill him. He almost did, a few days later he beat him to a pulp and I had to get in between them to stop him from killing Devin. That night he tried to get me to run away back to London with him, I couldn't leave Devin, he's the only guy who has ever loved me.

--------------------------------------------------------------

  " Jasmine, JJ called me he said Devin was mad and seemed like he was going to hurt you, are you ok?" I looked between her and my phone, wondering if I was going to be ok later if I send her away.

  "mum could you get the car started I need to go grab somethings, also can I stay at your house for the weekend?" I knew Devin, he would be calmed down by Monday. She just nodded back at me and headed to the car to start it.

  "Where are you going, love?" Shit, he heard me. What do I do? Do I lie? Do I call someone?

  "Just to my mums for the weekend, she misses me and my dads going to be gone all weekend... That wasn't a lie, he was going to California to see David. David had called a few days ago asking for him to visit him, my dad never turns down a chance to see him.

  Devin just nodded at me and smiled, was I making a mistake leaving? No. He doesn't deserve me, he deserves prison for the number of times I've been in the hospital because of him.

  I went to our bedroom and packed what I needed, Devin still watching me intently from the doorway. I couldn't find my phone, I started looking around franticly until Devin said "looking for this?" I turn around to see my phone in his hands.

  "Um yes thanks" I go up to grab it but he yanked it out of my reach. He wasn't playing, he was pissed.

  "You didn't block JJ,  jasmine. Do it now, in front of me" he handed me back my phone. It's fine if I block him, I could just unblock him later right? But what if something happens and he can't reach me? Stop overthinking, you're fine.

  I open my phone, Devin still staring at it. I opened snap chat first and blocked him, I knew JJ would see that. Then I went and blocked him on everything else too. It was done, I blocked JJ.

  "Done?" I just nodded not looking at him " good girl, now go have a nice weekend." he was being sarcastic, he knew I hated it at my parent's house, I was always the least favorite between me and my brothers, but it was better than here.

  "Thank you" I whispered as I tried to walk by him. He wouldn't budge. I look up at him, his face is calmer than before.

  "No I love you, no kiss?" he knew I hated that, I hated goodbyes, but this wasn't goodbye was it? So I looked up at him and gave him a quick peck. He smiled at me, I went to walk out again forgetting to say 'i love you'. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to look him in the face.

  "say you love me LeBoeuf" he only ever used my last name when he was going to hurt me, it made me feel like, maybe he does feel bad for it, maybe he can't control it.

  "I love you Devin" he could tell I mean it at that moment, I was starring at the door. I just wanted to leave.

  he let go of my wrist and walked into the bathroom, I heard a loud bang it sounded like he punched the wall, he was trying. But that wasn't enough. I walked out of the house my mum waiting in her dark rose gold g wagon David had gotten her for her birthday a year ago. My dad was getting a new car from David this weekend but didn't know it, his birthday was January 1st and David wanted to wait a bit for the gift so he could get it in the color my dad wanted.

  I got into my mum's car, it smelled of vanilla, sweets, and brownies

  I got into my mum's car, it smelled of vanilla, sweets, and brownies. I loved her car, it reminded me of home, and of safety. I've never had a car before, not because I didn't want one. Devin never let me get one.  David had even offered me a car once. David never knew of Devin's abuse, and I planned on keeping it that way.