Part 5

"We would be filming, a speed dating video for the sidemen channel" shit, shit, shit... I have a boyfriend, but it's just a video. It will be fine.

   I let out a little giggle " ok yea sure" I tried to sound not worried about telling Devin I'm doing this. But JJ knows me too well.

  "What's bothering you, love?" he sounds concerned and slightly sorry. I just looked at the wall, it had chipped paint and the painting next to it was covering a hole Devin made one night.

  "Just thinking about what to say to Devin, I don't know how he's gonna feel about me doing a speed date while dating him" I could hear JJ laugh at what I just said, a few seconds later his laughter had calmed down.

"Just break up with him already Jasmine, he doesn't deserve you. Nobody does." his voice at the end had become a bit shakey like he was nervous. But he was right, I should break up with Devin. I'll do it while I'm on the plane to London, he can't get me in the sky.

"Yea I should, I'll do it on the plane tomorrow" I could hear JJ's breath stop for a second, he didn't think I was going to agree. His breath started again, but he still had a hard time making words.

  After a few seconds, he said "finally" in a whispered tone, I don't think I was meant to hear that. "I'll buy you a ticket right now, don't pack too much. We can make a video where we all buy stuff for you, or a shopping spree video!" he sounded so excited, I couldn't help but picture him now on the side of his bed smiling like a little kid.

  "Ok you buy the ticket, I'll start packing. We can face time in the morning and you can tell me when I'm leaving for London." just as I was about to hang up he blurted out a few more words.

  "I already bought the ticket, you leaving in 3 hours... Sorry" me and JJ joined in laughter, I didn't even hear my mum walk into the room. She just stood there her head in her hands, smiling. I quickly realized she was there, "JJ I have to go, my mums here" he quickly stopped laughing and whispered back "tell miss LeBoeuf I said hello. I giggled and ended the call.

  "Why are you up this late and why are you laughing so loud?" my mum said trying hard to bite back a laugh, my hair was a mess, my makeup was smudged, and I looked like hell.

  "Um I'm leaving for the airport in 3 hours mum, I'm gonna stay with JJ for two weeks, I was laughing because of JJ. Also, he said 'hello miss Leboeuf'" I said the last part in my best JJ impression I could, that's when my mum broke out laughing. I joined her laughing until she was on the ground crying and I was holding my stomach. Eventually we came to our senses

  "I'll be driving you then, no reason to go back to bed. Let me help you pack" I smiled, this was the nicest she's been in a while, she was always like this when me and JJ talked.

She always said 'you change for the better around him'