II

TWO • THE ONE WHERE THEY ARE OLD FRIENDS

IN THE SEVENTEEN, almost eighteen, years that Willow had been alive, she had never been stared at as much as she was at Forks High School when her father parked the car.

Granted, Willow expected it thanks to Mike warning her, but it was still uncomfortable. Apparently, Forks hadn't had any new students since some family moved in a few years ago, and before that, it had been decades before someone new moved to town.

"Relax, sweetheart." George told his daughter, sensing the tension in her body as they walked up the stairs of the school. "Nothing bad is going to happen. You watch too many crime shows."

"Hey, those shows are going to be what saves us one of these days," Brett defended, "just you wait!"

George turned to his kids once they reached the main office. "Nothing and no one is going to harm you guys here. This isn't Portland, remember that." He kissed Willow's head before pulling Brett down and doing the same for him. George walked away, muttering about how he didn't know how Brett could be such a giant when Monica and himself were his parents.

The siblings were stared at even more once they got their schedules, and Willow was willing to bet that it didn't have to do with the Nightmare on Elm Street sweatshirt she was wearing.

"There are the Portlanders!"

The siblings turned and were greeted by a grinning Mike as he walked down the hall to them. "Oh, no one should be this happy this early in the morning."

"Are you already complaining about your future husband without even going on a date first?"

"Every couple has their differences." Brett pointed out.

"How do you like it so far?" Mike asked as he caught up with them, taking Brett's schedule and looking at it. "We have almost every class together." He smiled at the brunette.

"You guys are practically besties already." Willow smirked, winking at her brother.

The Tate siblings had enough time to be introduced to be introduced to Mike's group of friends before the bell rang for first period. While Willow was glad that Brett would have friends around, a small part of her was jealous that he already knew a handful of people in his grade. So far, she hadn't met anyone that was a senior with her, though she was sure she would have classes with a few of Mike's friends, hopefully it was Angela or Eric, she liked them the most so far.

Willow's first two periods were full of awkward ice breakers to help her "get to know other students" and several questions about what it was like "being the daughter of the hottest mom in Forks." One classmate was even confident enough to ask for Monica's number. Willow had to give him credit for aiming high.

But out of everyone, Cara Sullivan was the only person that Willow could see herself being close with. Cara was easily the most beautiful person Willow had seen up close. She had bronze skin, long brown curly hair with blonde highlights, and her large glasses only made her look even cuter. Unlike the others, she seemed genuinely interested in getting to know Willow and become friends.