VI

SIX • THE ONE WHERE WILLOW ALMOST HAS A HEART ATTACK

"THIS HAS GOT to be the most boring horror movie I've ever watched." Cara said before shoving another handful of popcorn in her mouth.

"You're the one that wanted to watch it." Willow reminded her friend as she watched Heather and Mike walk through the house at the end of The Blair Witch Project. "I tried to warn you."

"Well, I thought it would be better since so many people say it's the scariest movie."

"Those people get scared when they fart."

"I mean, have you ever farted really loud when you thought it would be silent? Let me tell you, I couldn't show my face at school for a week."

"That's why you weren't at school last week?"

Cara didn't have time to respond before the front door opened at the same time as Heather screamed one last time before dropping the camera. The girls screamed when they saw the tall figure standing on the dark porch.

"Why are we screaming?!" Brett screamed at his sister and friend. Willow threw a pillow at him, smacking him in the face with it. "I hope you have a better weapon than that for an actual murderer."

"Are you trying to give me a heart attack?!" Willow shouted at her brother, "What happened to you being in Port Angeles?"

"Jessica and Angela found their dresses, Bella was MIA for a few hours, and then she popped up at the restaurants with Edward and is probably still having her date right now."

"Never would've thought they'd have their first date before you and Emmett." Cara said, earning an eye roll from Willow.

"With how they look at each other, I thought they would be engaged by now." Brett commented, jumping over the back of the couch and landing between Cara and his sister. "So what movie is up next?"

"Since when were you invited?"

"Since you almost made me piss myself walking into my own home."

"Do you really not have any other friends to hang out with?" Willow groaned dramatically. "The only time you aren't up my ass is when we're at school."

"I don't have Tyler's number; Eric is busy, and Mike is at work." Brett listed his friends while holding up his fingers. "If you let me stay then I'll tell you how I plan on asking Mike to prom."

The girls looked at each other before shrugging at the same time. They both knew Brett would tell them eventually, the boy couldn't keep a secret to save his life, but they decided to humor him, at least this one time.

Willow got up from the couch and went to the stack of movies by the TV. "We got Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Psycho, Silence of the—" she was cut off by a knock on the door, causing all the teenagers to freeze.