V

FIVE • THE ONE WHERE WILLOW IS SUSPICIOUS

THEY DID NOT get the rest of the week off, much to everyone's dismay. Apparently, you only get the rest of the week when you were actually almost crushed by a van. Go figure.

The rest of the week at school was odd, Willow swore she got stared at more than when she first started school in Forks. And the strangest part of all was that Emmett avoided her like the plague. He skipped trigonometry and stayed with his siblings in study hall. If she was lucky, Emmett would glance at her a few times in history and at lunch. Who knew that saving someone from falling would have such a negative impact.

Willow hated that she had become attached to Emmett in such a short amount of time. She had a plan when moving to Forks: get decent grades and graduate. She didn't feel the need to make friends when she only had a few months before graduating and going to Arizona State University for forensic psychology. But of course, that's not how life worked out, she was never lucky enough to have things go as she planned.

"You're staring again." Cara told Willow as she dug through her locker, looking for her trigonometry textbook.

"What?" Willow asked, taking her gaze away from Rosalie and Emmett talking down the hallway.

"If you want to talk to him so bad, why don't you just do it?"

"Because every time I get remotely close, he acts like I burned him."

Cara looked at the exes, smiling when she caught Rosalie's eye, who smiled in return before turning her attention back to Emmett, who was now smirking down at her.

The interaction wasn't missed by Willow, who raised her brow and looked at her friend. "What was that?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Cara replied, finding the spine of one of her textbooks much more interesting than it really was.

"You could at least try to lie better." Willow snorted before crossing her arms. "Are you and Rosalie a thing?"

"No!" Cara shouted way too quickly, causing a few students nearby to look at her, including Emmett and Rosalie. "What makes you think that?"

"She either doesn't acknowledge anyone, or she glares at them." Willow pointed out, "that's the first time I've seen her smile at anyone other than her siblings."

"I think you're hallucinating. Are you sure you're not having your first psychotic break?"

"If I was then I would hope my delusions would be a little more entertaining."

"Let's be real here, Willow. If there was something between us, do you really think I wouldn't be all over her all the time?"

"While that is a fair point, I still don't believe you."

"Why are we even talking about my love life? We were focusing on yours."

"Mine is nonexistent. Yours, however, seems to be the opposite."