IV

FOUR • THE ONE WHERE WILLOW HAS FAST REFLEXES

IN THE FEW weeks that the Tate siblings had been attending Forks High School, the excitement of having new people seemed to wear off. She would sense people staring at her from time to time, especially when she was around Emmett. It didn't take long for her to hear the rumor that she was the reason that Emmett and Rosalie broke up again. Willow wasn't sure how people would even know that, considering that the Cullens and Hales kept to themselves.

History quickly became Willow's most dreaded class due to Rosalie glaring at her almost every chance she got. The fact that Emmett smiled every time he saw the brunette didn't help. She was one more glare away from telling him to never look at her again. Study hall was easily her favorite, and she wasn't necessarily sure if it was because she could just fuck around for the last hour of her day, it if it was because she spent it with Emmett a majority of the time.

While Willow and Brett both formed friendships within their own grades, they spent their lunch period together because "we heathens have to stick together" as Brett said. Cara was quickly becoming the third heathen in the group, and as much as Brett tried to recruit Bella so far, she wasn't having it. From what Willow knew, Bella was strangely fixated on Edward Cullen and why he hadn't been at school for the last week until today.

In the short time that Willow had been in Forks, she was thankful that Cara was her friend. She was currently most thankful because Cara gave her and Brett a ride home if George was staying late, like today for example. It also became a habit for Cara to wait for Willow after the last bell rang, signaling the end of the day.

"What's that smile for?" Willow asked Cara after she walked out of the library and said goodbye to Emmett.

"I love young love." Cara's smile got wider, raising her brows as her friend scoffed at the statement. "Scoff all you want, you clearly haven't seen the way he looks at you, and you light up whenever you're talking to him."

Willow rolled her eyes as they walked down the hallway. "It's nowhere near that serious, dude."

"You've known each other a few weeks and he's looking at you like you hung the moon. I would say it's serious."

"He has a girlfriend."

"We both know they broke up."

"How do you know? I don't even know for sure. He isn't exactly shouting it from the rooftops."

"I have my sources." Cara shrugged as they walked down the stairs to the parking lot. "And they get all the juicy stuff."

"Am I ever going to meet these sources?"

"Maybe, if you're lucky." Cara smirked at the brunette before changing the subject. "Sometimes I just don't get how they are friends." She watched Brett talk animatedly to Bella by her truck. "They are complete opposites."