─ vingt quatre

VINGT QUATRE

ben & lysander's interlude!

JAMES SIRIUS POTTER receiving a howler was nothing out of place. But in recent times, it would've been considered abnormal as he finally took his post seriously. 

So when a red envelope floated its merry way over to James, he was shocked, but not really.

"James Sirius Potter!" the voice of Ginny Potter rang out. "We were supposed to find out about you and Lily from Neville? Are you seriou- joking? I will not tolerate this blatant disregard for your father and I's sanity — "

"Gin, what are you doing?" the ( calmer ) voice of Harry Potter rang out.

"I'm sending James a howler, Harry," Ginny said, but it was slightly muffled as she had obviously lowered her voice and moved away.

"Good, the kid deserves it, not telling us like that," Harry scoffed as he ( presumably ) exited the room.

"As I was saying!" Ginny yelled. "We are extremely disappointed in you. If you'd gotten together a week before, I would've had 3 galleons over George and Charlie."

A smirk was placed on James's face, knowing, that this was confirming to everyone that Lily was his. But, his neck, however, was as red as the envelope and embarrassment lit his body aflame.

"Lily, dear, please tell your parents we would be delighted to join you for spring holiday in France. If you could also send along some of their preferences as we would like to bring a gift for their hospitality," Ginny said in a kinder voice.

After uttering those words, the howler ripped itself to shreds.

"It's a wonder it took that so long," James muttered. "It's been at least a month since our first date."

Lily, on the other hand, was struggling ( and failing ) to hold back her laughter. Her face was going beet red as she held her breath for fear that a giggle might escape.

"Well I guess you're stuck with us crashing your family's holiday, then," James said with a victorious smile.

Lily immediately stopped laughing and gave him an annoyed look. She really hated being proven wrong. But, the bounding optimism of Lily Luna Potter immediately brightened her face as the young girl came running over to the couple, followed by Albus Potter.

"I can't believe we get to have another holiday together!" Lily Luna exclaimed.

"I know!" Lily replied, "it's very exciting isn't it?"