─ quinze

QUINZE

godric's hollow!

WHEN LILY ARRIVED at the Potter house in Godric's Hollow, she was nervous, to say the least. She stood outside the door for a good ten minutes, trying to figure how to say hi if any member of the family opened the door for her. 

She had one of her trunks packed with winter necessities, as well as a nice dress for New Years ( and her birthday, not that they'd know it ). After what seemed like hours, she finally knocked on the door.

"Hello?" someone asked as they opened the door. Then bright blue hair was seen and then an even brighter smile. "Lily! We thought you'd never come!"

Lily was relieved that it was Teddy who had opened the door. "I got a little bit lost, I'm not familiar with this neighborhood," Lily lied ( though it wasn't entirely false as she had never been to Godric's Hollow before ).

"Well, you're here now, come in! Come in!" Teddy said as he motioned for her to come inside.

Lily's heeled boots clicked on the wooden floors as she entered the Potter house. Realizing that there was no turning back, she resigned herself to the reality of her situation. She set one of her trunks down and took off her coat to reveal cuffed jeans, a black belt, and a white sweater. 

"James! Lily's here!" Teddy called up and then he turned to look at her. "So, how have you been? How's Hogwarts? I heard you're the Head Girl now, bound to happen, but still congrats!" 

Then, a loud crash was heard, then a thud, then a bloody hell! , then footsteps running down stairs and finally James Sirius Potter was seen in all of his glory with disheveled hair, a slightly askew cream-colored sweater, wrinkled jeans, and falling grey socks.

"Hi," he breathed out. Then as if remembering what was happening, his ears went red and he fixed his appearance. He cleared his throat a couple of times and then spoke: "you made it!" 

Lily laughed a little, "I did," she said with a smile as she cocked her head to the side. "You alright there, Potter?"

"Peachy," he said with his million-dollar smile. She smiled softly and looked at him, waiting for a cue of where to go. 

James did not realize that she didn't know her way around, so he stood, looking at her. All the while, Teddy was looking between the two and silently begging James to realize that she had in fact never been to his house, let alone this neighborhood.

"Your house is nice," Lily commented politely, nudging him to the answer that she'd never been here before. "Is that the living room in there?"

James snapped out of it. "Sorry, yeah, yeah. Here is the living room, everyone should be in there. Here, I'll get your bags," James offered as he swooped in and carried her trunk in one hand ( flexing the veins in his arms, which Lily enjoyed looking at ) and her small backpack in the other.