─ vingt six

VINGT SIX

the second first date!

"FUCK," LILY GROANED as she pulled away, her ears slightly shot from the cheering around her.

"What's wrong, love?" James asked, furrowing his brows in confusion.

"It's going to be ruined- wait!" Lily exclaimed. "You're in the middle of a match you idiot!" 

"Rose's got the snitch," James shrugged.

"No she hasn't!" Lily exclaimed, trying to get him to turn back to the match. "She's still chasing something."

"Rose has got the snitch," James said firmly and then he held up his hand and counted down from five and the second he put his last finger down, not breaking eye contact, an enormous cheer erupted.

"Granger-Weasley has caught the snitch!" Ben screamed into the mic. "Gryffindor wins this match!" 

James just smirked down at Lily, who looked between him and the pitch with furrowed brows and desperate confusion.

"How did you — " Lily breathed out.

"Because quidditch is my thing," James said as he smirked even harder ( if it was possible ).

"I thought your hair was your thing," Lily retorted.

"Just like you," James said with a dark glint in his eyes as his voice got lower. "Multiple things can be my thing."

"What does he mean?" Ruby teased.

"If you must know, Lily is magnificent at hea-" James started before his mouth was covered by Lily's hands. He spoke against her hands, but only a muffled noise came out. He reached up and forced her hands down.

"I was going to say Head Girl duties," James teased. "Why? were you thinking I'd say something else?" 

"I hate you," Lily grumbled as her face glowed bright red.

Charlie and Ruby, on the other hand, were cackling with laughter at the altercation between the two. It was just like old times, except now both of them had finally gotten over themselves and gotten together. 

Lily bit her lip as she looked at James, who was still looking at Ruby and Charlie with bright eyes. She grabbed his hand, gaining his attention.

"Meet me at the bottom of the field?" Lily asked.

"Why?" James asked, confused.

"You'll see," Lily said slyly. 

"Well you could just ride down with me," James said with a smirk as he referenced his broom.