─ vingt et un

VINGT ET UN

good old-fashioned lover boy!

JAMES SPRINTED THROUGH the corridors of Hogwarts. He had to get to her. Lorcan was right. He had said it many times before and passed it off as a joke, but this time, this time, he was going to make sure she knew he meant it. 

He burst through the doors to the library and frantically searched for her brunette hair and ocean blue eyes. He spotted Henry Stints sitting with a Gryffindor in the year below them at a table.

"Henry!" James called quietly.

Henry looked up from his essay to see James walking towards him with a determined face. He bookmarked his page with the feather of his quill. He then reached his hand under the table and intertwined it with Will's, who had only momentarily looked up. 

"How can I help you, Potter?" Henry asked cordially. 

"Do you know where Lily is?" James asked. "She's normally in here."

"That's true. It's odd that she isn't. I think she said she was going to visit you?" Henry suggested.

He became slightly concerned. He was still quite protective over Lily since the incident, even though it had been almost two months ago. Because Henry Stints could've sworn on his life that Lily said that she'd had something extremely important to tell James. 

"She did, but then she ran off," James said as he ran his hand through his hair in exasperation. 

"Weird, maybe try the tree by the Black Lake or the courtyard or perhaps the Astronomy Tower?" Henry suggested with furrowed eyebrows. But, he knew that if James was looking for her, he'd find her.

The thing about Henry Stints is that he didn't trust many people. It took a while for that to develop. But, as fate would have it, the only person he learned to trust almost immediately after discovering who they really were other than Lily was James. Because Henry knew that James had a good heart and Henry knew that even if Lily and James didn't work out in the long run ( but he was positive they would ), James wouldn't break her heart. 

"Thanks, I will," James said with a quick smile. 

He rushed away towards the Black Lake, only to find a couple of fourth years asleep together below the tree. He was about to ask them where they might think she was, but decided against it. They looked very peaceful and they also probably didn't know ( Hogwarts was small, but it wasn't that small ). 

He trudged back up to the castle, jogging in the direction of the courtyard. There was a big tree and stone benches all around, practically lining it. In the center, there was a big, square patch of grass that saw the first few daisies start to peek up.