Birthday (Gen Fic)

A/N: Your Y/n Weasley, Percy's twin. You used to be triplets with a brother named Danny but he passed when he was 9. This takes place during POA. (I know Percy's birthday is in August but pretend it's during Hogwarts)

TW: underage drinking and smoking

Y/n POV:
October 22nd. I hate that day. My birthday, Percy's birthday and Danny's. We were 9 and the three of us wanted to go swimming in the lake by our house. Danny thought we should play a game of who could hold their breath the longest. The three of us went down but only two came up. Danny drowned. We looked and looked but couldn't find him. We both started yelling hoping someone could hear us, Bill came and found us crying.

Since that day Percy and I never celebrated our birthday. Us and the rest of our siblings just take the day and spent time together in the courtyard. The most Percy and I do is grab a cupcake from the kitchen and go to the Astronomy Tower and sing happy birthday to Danny.

It was a hard day for both of us, no one in the family would mention our birthday let alone Danny on this day. We make it seem like a normal day.

As I made my way down towards the Great Hall for breakfast I already saw the rest of the family eating along with Harry and Hermione.

"Good morning." I nodded sitting down next to Percy.

"Good morning." Everyone replied. It wasn't as cheery as it usually was. As we continued to eat breakfast you could feel the tension between all the Weasley's.

"Is everything alright?" Hermione asked us.

"Yeah." Ron said. Hermione could tell there was something wrong but didn't want to say anything.

"Are we still hanging out today, Ron?" Harry looked at him.

"Oh...um not today. I have a family matter." He answered. Though the four of them we were still quite young when Danny passed they had a great relationship with him. Percy and I weren't as outgoing as him and tended to be more introverted. But when he passed there was a hole and to make it seem like everything was okay, I started to be like him. Eventually it became bad and I would lean towards very bad decisions.

"Happy birthday Percy and Y/n." A girl from my Charms class said down the table. Percy and I tensed at the saying and the rest of our family took a quick breath. We didn't like telling people it was our birthday.

"It's your birthday, I didn't know." Harry said. "Happy birthday."

At this point I dropped my fork. Slowly Percy was able to become numb to the actions that included Danny by surrounding himself with work. The way I coped was with cigarettes. I looked into my bag making sure I had some including a lighter before heading off.

"I have to go." I said quickly before running out of the hall.

3rd POV:
"Is she alright?" Harry looked at Y/n's empty spot.

"No." Percy whispered with tears trying to escape his eyes. "I need to go find her before she does something bad." He bolted out of the hall.

"Is there something going on?" Hermione looked at the rest of the Weasley's.

"It's Percy and Y/n's birthday." Ginny said.

"That's great, they're 17 now." Harry congratulated.

"Not really." Fred started.

"They haven't celebrated their birthday since they were 9. Percy and Y/n used to be triplets. His name was Danny. One day when they were 9, they all played into the lake by our house and Danny drowned." George finished.

"Since then, they don't do anything for their birthday. We all have a little family day and that's it." Ginny continued.

"Wow." Harry muttered.

"It took a toll on them. Percy started to surround himself with more work and Y/n sort of became out of control. Doing things she really shouldn't." Fred said.

"So can you two pretend we didn't have this conversation, it's a hard day for them already." George asked.

"Of course." Hermione replied.

Y/n POV:
After leaving the Great Hall, I made my way up to the 7th floor to the Room of Requirement. Once I walked in it was a replica of my room at the Burrow. I sat on the bed and grabbed a cigarette and a lighter and became to smoke. I started to walk around and looked at the photos on my dresser. On the dresser sat a moving photo of Percy, Danny and me. It was when we were about 7 or 8 and I was playing dress up and got Percy and Danny into one of my dresses while I dress like them. We went around the house pretending to be the other.

"I miss you Danny." I whispered. I sat back down on my bed and continued to smoke. After a while I heard the door open and saw Percy at the doorway.

"Hey." He whispered and came and sat down next to me. I put my cigarette out and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Remember when we were younger and you and Danny would try to braid my hair and always somehow managed to get knots in it." I murmured. "Mum had to cut my hair because she couldn't remove them. For a whole year I looked like you with the same haircut. The only reason mum wouldn't get me confused with you too was because of my hair."

I heard Percy sniff and looked at him. He had tears streaming down his face. I wrapped my arms around him and he pressed his neck on the nook of my shoulder.

"I know I've become colder over the years, it's just I miss him and loading myself on something keeps my mind off him." He whispered.

"I know. I know." I rubbed my hand up and down his back.

***

After having a moment with Percy, we spent some time with Ron, Ginny and the twins. It was nice having a family moment. It was hard on mum, she never gave us presents anymore which made her quite sad.

As we made our way towards the common room, we entered and the room was all black.

"Surprise." The lights turned on and their were birthday decorations everywhere. It seemed like all the Gryffindors were in the common. There hung a banner on polls that read 'Happy Birthday Percy and Y/n'

All of my siblings flinched at the gesture. It was the first birthday party in almost 10 years. They started to walk out of the room while I walked into it heading towards the drink table. I know it was a bad decision but I didn't want to remember this day and alcohol was the only remedy. I grabbed a cup and filled it up to the rim with whatever there was.

I continued to do so and I could the rest of my siblings in the corner while everyone was having a party.

"What is wrong with you all." I stumbled towards them. "It's my birthday, we need to party."

"Y/n." Percy murmured. "This isn't you."

"Whatever do you mean." I slurred. "It's my 17th birthday!"

I turned around and made my way towards the drinks again. I was able to get in 2 more drinks before I stepped onto the table and started dancing. At this point everything started to blur and I could hear people chanting my name and cheering me on.

I stumbled a bit and started to fall. I felt two arms wrap around me. It was Fred and George.

"Frederica. Georgina." I said there female names.

"Come on, Y/n let's get you to bed." One of them spoke.

"No." I protested by they didn't seem to listen and started to make their way towards their dorm.

"Your not going to remember this." George said.

"I know that's the point." I started to sober up a bit. "I didn't want to remember this party."

They were able to get me into Fred's bed and tuck me in. As I started to slowly fall asleep, I started to replay the memory's of Danny and I as younger kids.

People cope in all sorts of ways. Mine just wasn't as healthy, or legal. But it helps me.

———