Coming Out (Hermione Granger)

A/N: The whole life her parents pushed her to be with Harry Potter, because their parents were best friends, but the only reason Y/n was close to the trio was because she was secretly dating Hermione Granger (No Voldemort!AU)

3rd POV:
It was another holiday at 12 Grimmauld Place with the Potter's, Black's, Lupin's and Weasley's along with Hermione Granger.

While everyone was downstairs getting ready for dinner, Hermione and Y/n were sitting on the bed in the room they were sharing. Y/n Lupin, daughter of Remus Lupin and Dorcas Meadows. Y/n was born a week before Harry and since the two were children, it was like her whole family wanted the two to be a couple, because their parents were best friends and eventually married each other.

Her mother, Lily Potter and Marlene Black would always try and set up little dates for the two hoping one day they would back after professing their love for each other. Even her uncles, James and Sirius wanted them together.

The only person who really understood was her father, Molly and Arthur. She had cried herself to sleep one night and her father came in and saw her state and she told him how she never liked Harry or boys in general, she liked girls. Remus was 100% supportive of his daughter for telling him knowing how hard it was for her to keep it hidden. Molly had noticed the way she would look at Hermione instead of Harry during dinners and made a mental note about it and told Arthur.

"I think I'm going to tell them." Y/n declared as she sat at the vanity getting ready for dinner.

"Sweetheart, you say that every time." Hermione sighed. She knew how hard it was for Y/n to tell the rest of her family that she didn't have feelings for Harry, she never wanted to disappoint them.

"Well today, I'm actually going to do it." She stood up and walked towards Hermione who stood in front of the mirror putting on her earrings. "I want everyone to know how much I love you, I can't stand being secret."

"I love you too." Hermione smiled. "Now come on, we're late." She dragged her out of the room.

"There you girls are." Marlene smiled at them. "We were thinking you two forgot."

"Sorry we were still getting ready." Y/n smiled taking a seat next to Ginny and Hermione taking the seat across from her.

"Why you look beautiful honey, doesn't she Harry." Lily teased.

"She does." Harry gave an awkward smile. Unlike Y/n, Harry did have a crush on Y/n since they were children, he was too oblivious to notice the loving stares she gave Hermione or how she would hold her longer in a hug or when the two would always hold hangs at Hogsmeade.

Remus just gave his daughter a small smile knowing he couldn't do much.

"You know sweetheart." Dorcas looked at her daughter. "I was out with Marlene earlier today and I saw this wonderful little café, maybe you and Harry can go before the holidays end."

"You know Lily and I can take you dress shopping, there's a new boutique that just opened down the street." Marlene gushed.

"You two would look amazing." Lily added in.

"Would you look at that Padfoot, they're blushing." James looked at the two, Harry had a small smile while Y/n just looked down trying to get away from the embarrassment.

"They would such cute children."

"What colors do you want at your wedding."

"Is it weird to have your aunt as your maid of honor?"

"When are we expecting grandchildren?"

"ENOUGH!" Y/n stood slamming her fork and knife onto her plate which caused it to break in half and send the rest of the table into shock. "You need to stop, I can't."

"You can't what, can't go on the date, we can have it after the holidays?" Dorcas looked at her daughter.

"No, no." She shook her head. "You don't get it."

"Do you not want to go to the café, we can find somewhere else?" Marlene furrowed her eyebrows.

"I don't want to go on a date." Y/n tried to explain but everything was spinning and she couldn't get her thoughts straight.

"It's alright, you don't need to get together right away." James tried to help his niece but wasn't working.

"I don't want to get together." Y/n finally caught her breath. "I don't want to go on dates with Harry, I don't want to be with him, I don't like boys, I like girls."

"You're just confused." Dorcas dismissed her daughter. "You just have a lot of things going on."

"No mom, that's not it. I don't like boys, I like girls, I want to go on dates with them." Y/n explained.

"How long have you known?" Sirius asked his niece who probably the only one who was handling it quite well, while her mother denied it, James, Lily and Marlene just pursed their lips.

"Since 4th year after Hermione danced with me after my date ditched me." She explained. "And Hermione and I have been together for a year."

"Why wouldn't you tell us?" Dorcas looked at her daughter slightly betrayed.

"How was I suppose too, my whole life you spent trying to get me and Harry together and I didn't want to disappoint any of you." Y/n explained.

"Remus, you've been quiet." Dorcas looked at her husband. "Don't you have to say something." She just looked at him and he slowly hung his head. "You already knew, didn't you."

"Yes." Remus sighed.

"Why did you tell him but not any of us?" She gestured towards herself and Y/n's aunts and uncles.

"Dad was the only one who wasn't pushing for me and Harry, he just wanted me to be happy. I didn't want this one thing to make you thing differently of me." Y/n sighed.

"Oh, honey we're sorry." Dorcas stood up and walked over to her daughter. "I'm happy that you can express yourself."

"Now listen here Granger." Sirius and James came behind her chair scaring her a bit. "Y/n is our whole life, if you do as much as pull a hair out of her head, you're done for."

"Uncle James, Sirius, don't scare her." Y/n looked at them.

"We're just congratulating her." James gave a fake smile. "But remember what we said."

"I think they scared Hermione." Ron looked at her.

"Yes Ron, where have you been." Ginny smacked the back of his head.

"You two are lovely together." Lily looked at Y/n and Hermione.

"Thank you." Hermione smiled looking at Lily then turning her attention back to Y/n who was just smiling at her.

———
not my best writing, but haven't wrote about any girls expect for Tonks, so send me a request with your favorite HP girl