Ideal

Taehyung's POV

Everyone has an ideal partner. It is a normal human tendency to select characteristics that one thinks will complement his/her own personalities and then lump these chosen characteristics to form an image of their ideal guy or girl.

These are especially true to moony eyed people like me which is why at age 12, I already had an ideal man on my mind. However, the thing is... I have grown to like two different sets of "type" and my two types in men are completely opposite from one another and I'm not sure which one I prefer most.

"Oh gosh, you're so stupid!" I blurted out all of a sudden.

Sorry, my mind and mouth filter has been broken ever since I was born and still hasn't been fixed. Oh well, it's not as though I need any filters when talking to my ultimate bff anyway. With him, I can speak my candid thoughts without worry.

Jungkook who was the receiver of my "stupid" remark had a fleeting surprised expression on his face before he coolly glared at me. "How dare you call me stupid?!"

"It's because you are stupid!" The pillow that was seated on my lap went flying towards Jungkook who of course caught it with ease. "You suck at flirting!"

Jungkook's eyebrows met as he scooted closer to me so that we're now both leaning against his bed's headboard.

"What made you say that?"

I rolled my eyes before I showed him his phone's screen where his inbox is in full display. His eyes trailed towards the phone's screen too but he still has a baffled expression. I scoffed, not believing that he still doesn't know what is so wrong with his messages.

"Kook, please tell me you actually know what's wrong with your messages."

But he only looked at me blankly. "No...?"

"Oh for goodness's sake! Look here, Ji-eun told you she couldn't sleep and what did you reply?" I cocked an eyebrow at him. "You told her 'Oh that sucks! Well, I'm going to bed now.' Like seriously?!"

"What's wrong with what I said?" Jungkook asked, eyes big with wonder as he stared at me.

"Have you been living in a cave? Duh Jungkook! She's obviously giving you a hint that she wants to stay up to talk to you! Myghad! Your flirting skills are so nonexistent!" I dramatically heaved a sigh and rolled my eyes.

"Well, she should have just said so! I ain't riddle man for fuck's sake," Jungkook lamely defended his self to which I only scoffed at. "And what was I supposed to do since I was already sleepy then?"

I squinted my eyes at him and gave him my 'don't-you-fucking-lie-to-me' expression. "No, you weren't. See the date?"

I waved his phone in front of him and pointed to the date on top of their messages. It was January 12th. Jungkook looked at me dumbly, not understanding what I'm trying to point out.

"January twelfth! This was the same day we stayed up until 6 AM on a phone call. I remember it clearly because we almost got screwed the following day because it's our exam day and we both had no sleep."

"So then that explains why I didn't entertain Ji-eun then," Jungkook said, shrugging.

I let out a breath of disbelief on how nonchalant he sounded. "You chose me over a very beautiful girl? Like damn Kook, I'm flattered and all but man what a waste! You could've gotten yourself a girl or you could have gotten laid! Why would you fucking pass up on an opportunity like that?" I reprimanded, shaking my head in disappointment.

Jungkook looked at me with a thoughtful expression. He was looking at me intensely that I had to arch my brow at him to snap him out of it.

Then in a low and careful tone, he said the words that made me still. "Because I don't like her and I like you."