Pure Swan (Part 1)

(Just so you know, Jungkook is not aging anymore in this story. He's eternally young.)

Third Person's POV

Having a newborn is supposed to be the most blissful thing to a couple especially if they had waited so many years for this blessing. However, Mr. and Mrs. Kim cannot celebrate this milestone in their life. Instead of happiness, fear clenched their hearts as they held their newborn son.

Hundreds of people flocked on their home, wanting to take a glance of the baby. This baby, named Kim Taehyung, was supposed to be just an ordinary child but the moment the oracle stepped in their home, he became the child wonder.

"The purest child had been born," the oracle declared. She held the crystal swan pendant that hang on the baby's neck.

Every newborn is given a swan pendant to determine what their soul is; whether good or evil. Normally, the swan pendant would turn into a color of white and black which represent the proportion of goodness and evilness within them. However, this newborn's swan had no tinge of black at all. It was pure white which means his soul is too pure and that was a bad thing.

"You must protect this child at all cost," the oracle warned the Kim family. "Now that the purest good had been born, no doubt the purest evil will come to claim him."

"But why? Why would a pure evil want a pure good soul?" Mrs. Kim cried, stricken with fear.

The oracle met her eyes. "Because the purest good soul becomes the most dangerous kind of evil when tainted. When a good soul is hurt, it can unleash evilness that can supersede all which is why I'm sure that monster will come after this child."

Jungkook's POV

The moon is at its full phase and is at its brightest. But despite of the light it's casting, the night still felt eerie. Or maybe that's because of me. Newly bloomed flowers withered upon my presence, the wind turned chillier, and darkness felt deadly.

I jumped effortlessly on a window of a three-storey house and with a flick of my finger, the window opened without a sound. Slowly I crept inside and approached the sky blue crib in the room.
I had been told when I was young that I can rule this world with the help of a pure soul that was fated to be with me. And I had heard that this so called pure soul has been born today.

I reached the crib and I stared at the sleeping child. The baby woke because of my presence I'm sure but instead of crying just like how other babies react to me, this child smiled warmly. I raised an eyebrow at the happy baby in front of me and I took a step back when he made grabby hands towards me.

How is this kid going to help me attain greatness?

***

Taehyung's POV (6 years old)

Mommy and daddy are either paranoid or overprotective. I wonder why they always look at me like I'm always in danger?

"I don't understand," I said to my teacher who had just finished reading us Rapunzel. "Why is Gothel evil?"

"Because she kidnapped Rapunzel, Taehyung. She stole someone's child," my teacher explained with a smile.

"But Rapunzel's parents stole something from her too. Doesn't that make them evil?"

My teacher had an uneasy smile. "Tae, they asked for permission to get that lettuce but the witch won't give them that's why they had to steal it."

"And that makes it okay? If somebody doesn't give you permission to get their stuff, does that give you a good excuse to just steal it?"

My teacher's smile faltered. "What do you want to say Tae?"