𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐.

Aki's POV

"So what's a fiend?" Denji asked. The 3 of us were heading to a location to get rid of a target.

"Did you not even go to elementary?" I asked.

"Nope. In fact, I didn't even go to school," Denji answered. I was surprised. He didn't go to school?

"A devil who's taken over a human's dead body," I said.

"Then does that make me one?"

"No," y/n said. "The shape of a devil man's head will tell you. It's different and stands out. You'll understand once you see one."

We arrived at a room and opened it to find a fiend.

"A fiend has a devil's personality," I explained. "Kill it, Denji. Show us the kind of power you obtained from becoming a devil, so y/n and I can judge your usefulness."

Denji's POV

Its mouth was weird. The fiend's I mean. What animal did it symbolize again?

Nonetheless, I easily cut its head off with my axe.

"Hey, why didn't you use your devil's power?" Aki said.

"Uhhh... Using my special power to kill devils is pretty painful. I, myself, turned into something similar to this fiend. But I also just wanted to kill it... less painfully..."

"Listen up," Aki came real close, making sure I heard every word that came out his mouth. "Fiends are still devils, and a devil hunter's got no business sympathizing with one. A devil killed my family in front of my own eyes. Did you know? Everyone's serious about their job except you. I want devils to suffer to the max when I kill them. And you're telling me you wanna play nice with them?"

"If there's a devil that wants to be my friend, I'll be friends with them. Because I've never had any before," I said, making Aki shut up. He left the room, muttering something like he'll be sure to remember what I said.

Y/n sighed. "Look kid, just know that I don't hate you. You may be an incompetent, but Aki's kind of always like that. He's going to be hard on you and strict, because he wants you to bring out your full potential while you're still alive. Let's go." After she said all that, she left the room.

"Oh whatever. At least she said she doesn't hate me... But the truth is I didn't want to get any blood on these dirty magazines, heh heh. So I killed it nice and easy!" I grabbed some magazines and tucked it under my arm. "Sweet!"

Ị̸̯̩͓̀̑̔͠ ̵̧̙̳̩̭͉̫̔̾́͛͌̉̒͋͐͠w̷̡̩̏̒͐́̽͊̍å̶̢̡̡̳̣̼͐͊͜n̷̮̮̩̟̆́ṭ̴̨̛͓̹͎̭̳̯̏ ̴̠͋͒̈͑̀̃̑͘ṱ̷͕̟͙̥͖̔̈ò̴̢̝͈̬̼̺̝͈͒͑̀̌̏̌͜͠ ̷̢̮̖̝̥̣̇͋̓͑̐͜s̷̡̨̲͚͇̊́͛̔e̷̢̛͑̇̚͠ë̷̡͕̤̰̳͈̗́̅ ̴̯͎͖͛m̶͉͉̜̟͍͍̣͎͆̃̓́̋̏̀̏̂͌͜ȏ̵̟̭̄́͌̓r̸̙͇̤̠̊̐̇͋̋͗̿̚e̴̡̛͓̥͕̜͍̣͎̘̽̆̂̍̊́́̓̀͜ ̵̨̯̮̻͖̅̔̑̉̕͝ơ̵̧̢̯̲͉̻̇f̸̣̍͝ ̷̤͔͌̽̑͐̄̍y̶̱̰͓͖̬̼̔̐̍̂̎̍̄̂͑͜ṓ̸̢̡̼̭̣͔̙̇͗̄̋̊͝ͅu̵̧͇̟̳̜̖͋͗̂͑̃̾̈́̐r̷̗̭͉̳̻̋̕ ̴̖͂̓̇̒̕͠ͅď̷̢̛͍͈̩r̴̯̣̓͂͌͑͂͂̎̕͝͝ḛ̶͙͖̌̀̅̆͒̔̚ä̵͕̳̠̠͍̦͔̱̏̈́͆̓͘m̴̧̜̮͔̗̱͈̮̌̏s̸̯̰̞̫̫͆͑̀.

(I want to see more of your dreams)

"I'm hanging in there, Pochita," I said out loud. "I'm living the dream and a good life right now."

I shower every day so I'm clean, eat and enjoy tasty food, and have 2 cute girls nearby... but I feel like I'm missing something. A goal... My goal... I thought. Wait is it...