𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐.

Kishibe's POV

"Good job," Makima said to me. I was sitting with her across a table, in a private room. "I know you've been especially busy recently. Thank you for continuing to take the time to train Denji and Power."

"I'm already sick of 'em," I said. "Whenever a dog I train dies, I drink more and more. I thought I'd never feel guilt with toys, even if they broke... but it seems my mind's also getting weaker as I grow older. I'm feeling things now."

The sliding door opened and revealed y/n.

"There you are. Sit down," I said.

"Why'd you call me here?" The girl asked.

"Didn't I tell you? I wanted you to be here and listen to what we have to talk about. You're highly trusted after all," I took another sip from my drink. Y/n adjusted her black coat and sat down, not saying a word.

"So... What is it you wanted to talk about?" Makima asked, turning her head toward me.

"You knew about the ambush on the Special Division... didn't you? We're no fools," I said.

"I came under gunfire myself as well," Makima replied.

"Whatever inhuman deeds you do and perform... as long as you're on humanity's side... I'll look the other way. As long as that remains true."

"I want to save as many people from the devils as possible. If this next mission succeeds, the existence of Division 4 will be heavily reported on. The effect will be Division 4 having more freedom to operate, meaning we can save even more people from the enemy," Makima explained.

"Hmmm..." I thought.

"Liar," y/n said, pointing at Makima. The woman smiled at the comment.

Y/N's POV

I wasn't really doing anything. Just watching and observing. I stood with my back against the wall as I watched the Shark Fiend, Violence Fiend, and the Spider Devil fight the zombies we had to take care of.

"Do you have a hand kerchief?" The Angel Devil came up to me.

"No. Ask Aki," I said.

"Hey, you... Do you have a hand kerchief?" The Angel Devil asked Aki. Aki handed him one. "I'm surprised you'd even get this close to me. Because if I touch you, I'll shorten your lifespan..."

"But contact through cloth is safe, right?" Aki asked, before he noticed a man holding a gun at him by the door. The Angel Devil's wing protected him, and the bullets were deflected. Aki took him out.

"Devil, move him outside. Y/n, ready to continue moving forward?" Aki said.

"Whenever you're ready," I responded, taking my back off against the wall and walking over to him.

"I don't like being ordered around..." I heard the Angel Devil mutter. "But it's better than fighting..."

Aki and I eventually encountered the girl with the Snake Devil.

"I suggest you don't resist and surrender now." Aki got into a fighting stance, preparing for whatever comes his way.

"Snake. Spit it out," the girl said, holding up her hand. I noticed a little blood come out of her nose, but she wiped it off. The Ghost Devil then appeared.

"Ghost. Finish him off," the girl commanded.

"You go on ahead, y/n!!" Aki yelled. "I got this!!"

I wasn't really in the mood today for some reason, so I nodded and said, "Don't die on me."

"What makes you think that?" Aki smirked a little as I left.

"Man, losers sure are loud," I heard Denji say. I arrived at the scene to find 2 shirtless men, Denji included. The other man was restrained and tied.

Denji noticed me. "Oh! Hey y/n!"

"Yo." I walked over to him and looked down at the man. He's the hybrid...

"Recognize him? He killed Himeno," Denji said. I nodded, and he turned to the man. "Because of you, we lost a beautiful woman that belonged to Public Safety. But now you're going to live the rest of your life in prison without ever feeling sorry? Sorry, but that doesn't fit with me."

"You can't do anything about it!" The man shouted, smiling. "Aren't you Public Safety's dog?! Mmph!"

I shoved my foot in his face. "Don't say stupid things when you're still able to talk."

"Let's hold a tournament y/n!" Denji excitedly exclaimed.

"A tournament?" Aki asked, confused.

"Hey, you made it!"

"This is Hayakawa, from Division 4," Aki spoke into his walkie-talkie. "The target is restrained and located on the train tracks in front of the clock tower. Requesting backup now."

"Wanna play and enter the ultimate tournament?" Denji asked.

"What the hell... Ultimate... tournament?" Aki said.

"This guy was the one who shot and killed Himeno," Denji explained. "He should get shot too, but I'm talking nut shots. Let's both kick him where the sun don't shine and the guy who gets the loudest scream until the cops or backup shows up, wins! Y/n can be our judge or she can participate too!"

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKING MIND?!" The man yelled.

"Gaaahhh ~" Aki sighed and crouched down.

"Whaaa ~ You don't wanna play? For real?!"

"Our job was just to capture him..." Aki said. "Not giving him payback. Himeno probably wouldn't be happy." Aki took out something from his shirt's pocket and looked at it.

Denji's idea sounded amusing, so I kicked the man in the balls as he screamed and made a funny face I found hilarious.

"Ah ha ha ha!" I laughed. I'm crazy.

Aki and Denji looked at me in surprise and shock, and I wasn't sure if it was because they had never heard me laugh before, or if it was because of what I had just done.

Aki stood up, rolling up his sleeves. "What's my reward if I win?"

"Heh! His family jewels, duh!" Denji smirked.

The 3 of us kicked the man in the crotch, probably going to be the death of him. He was going to lose his voice, and wouldn't be able to walk and use the bathroom without being in immense pain. But I didn't care.

This is payback. This is fun. This feeling... is one of the best feelings in the world.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!"

AUTHOR'S NOTE 👁👄👁💧

have you seen kishibe when he was younger 😳