𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟐.

Denji's POV

Aki's will left one third of his saved up money to me, one third to y/n, and the last third to Himeno's family. I used the money to rent a place with Power, and we just bought whatever, whether it was video games or really good food.

But the fact that I was the one that killed Aki could never leave my mind.

Now I'm at Makima's place, following along hoping it would make me feel better. I was getting attacked by her many dogs, but this place felt like... the best place in the world.

"Tell me your wish and I'll grant it," Makima said.

"Huh?"

"Remember our promise, Denji?"

I thought about it, thinking of my reply.

"I wanna be your dog."

"Hm? My dog?" Makima asked.

"I don't really want to think for myself anymore... Thinking is tiring. I killed Aki because it looked like he could kill so much others... but after calming down, I thought that maybe there was a better way. I feel so crappy. But you're smarter than me right, Makima-san? So, I'll just do what you say so I don't feel so crappy and drained anymore." That was my answer.

"You sure? My dogs obey me with complete obedience," Makima said. I nodded.

"Paw."

I gave her my hand.

"Roll over."

I did as she said.

"You're a good dog, Denji," she brushed my hair. It felt so nice... Then the door bell rang, catching me off guard.

"Oh that's Power. I called her over if you're wondering. Stand."

I stood up. "Why'd you call Power?" I asked.

"Dogs mustn't think Denji," Makima smiled. "Let's go together, yeah?"

I followed her to the door, trying to let my mind wander somewhere else. Makima will lead me.

"Open the door. I'm going to kill her."

"Woof..." I replied without thinking, but then realized what she just said. "Huh?" Makima was holding my hand and our legs weren't stopping.

"Wait... what? Huh? What? Makima-san, did I hear..."

"Go on, Denji."

D̷͖͎̙̩̲̞͙̒̈́̋͒̓͊̆͆̕ǫ̷̧̲͎̹̩̥̠͔̀n̵̨̛̳̮̜̼̆̀͛͋̑̉͝'̸̨̜͔̮̠̳̗̋̀̈́̾̔̿͠t̴̩̔̾̋͛ ̵̧̨̱͔̞̟̗̗͕̪͛̐ő̵̯̾͌̇̈́͝p̸̞͖̣̺̈́̕e̷͇̜͎̻͛̈́̔̿̊̓͐̔̚n̶̛͚̖̞̜͔̣̈́̒͒͒ͅ ̶̡̨̭̖̮̣̝̜̿̽̔͑͆̍̕͜t̵̡̞͈͔̰͉͍̣̅̅̓̅͂̈́̚ĥ̵̠͙̩̒̓̒͝e̸̼̲̅͘ ̸̨̥̭̲̩͈̐͗͆̑͊̉̕͝d̶̛̯̮̱͖͙̿͒̃̚̕͠ͅo̷̮̮̺͙̾̀̓̈́͗́̆̾͝ơ̶̮̝̿̅̃̃̀͝r̶̡̳̺̯̜͙͐.̸̡̨̼̦̘͚̜͇̩̔

(Don't open the door.)

Pochita's voice echoed in my ears, making me nervous.

"I want you to be the one to open it. Don't think about anything and trust me," Makima whispered in my ear.

Listening, I reached out to the handle.

If I open the door, Power will stand there smiling. She'll pull a party popper and be holding a cake. And... Wait, why would she have a cake? Oh that's right...

I opened the door.

Tomorrow's my birthday.

Power stood outside with a birthday cake in her hands, smiling shyly.

"Denji..." she said.

"H... Hey..." I started, still nervous.

"Bang."

Power's torso is obliterated before my eyes, her head and legs fall to the floor. I could only watch in horror. She's dead.

"Oh no, your hands are cold again, Denji," Makima said, holding my hands. I looked at her with fear. What... what did she just do?! "Let's go back inside now." She smiled.

We headed back inside, Makima acting like nothing had just happened. There was blood on my face though. Power's blood. So that wasn't any dream.

"Makima-san... Am I dreaming?" I asked.

Makima chuckled a little and then burst out laughing. What the hell was so funny?

"That was a good one, thank you," she said, wiping tears from her eyes. "Take off your shirt."

I did as she said and she put her head on my thighs.

"Pochita gave you his heart in exchange for living a normal life... That wasn't a promise, but a contract," Makima spoke. She continued. "How could I make it so that you'd never be able to live a normal life again? How could I damage you so much that you would stay at rock bottom? Isn't it challenging? I'm sure you felt a lot of happiness living with Pochita as a poor boy suffering from poverty."

"So I thought... I'll start with making you happier. I gave you a job, money, and lots of delicious food. I provided a family as well. Aki became a big brother to you, y/n a big sister, and Power a little bratty sister. I made this level of happiness normal for you... then took it all away. You still have y/n, but she'll die soon. Because any amount of happiness you'll ever experience from now on... will be destroyed by me. Overcome your grief and make friends, I'll kill them. Get married and start a family, and your wife and children won't last long. The time has come for you to atone for your sins, Denji."

"Do you know how incredible children's brains are? They can hide bad memories behind a door without even realizing it. You did that because you wouldn't be able to live a normal life if you didn't, right? Your father didn't kill himself... You killed your father. Your father was drunk and nearly killed you. So you had no choice but to kill him to defend yourself and your life. But other adults wouldn't get their money that way. So they said it was a suicide."

"You finally opened the door, and that allowed me to kill Power. Maybe there was a way to save Aki too, but not anymore. You murdered your own father as well. So now after realizing all these things, you have no right to live a normal life now, right?"

"Nuh-uh."

3rd Person's POV

Makima gets dressed and leads Denji down a corridor filled with devils on one knee.

"They are your followers, Denji," she explained. "Waiting for the day of resurecc -"

The woman was cut off by an explosion, being breached by the Anti-Makima squad led by Kishibe. In the building, Makima is faced with even more bullets to her body.

"Hell Devil. Kill Makima and cast her back to the pits of hell."

4 devil hunters sacrifice themselves and slit their throats.

"Save me... Chainsaw Man."

An intestine comes out of Denji and wraps around his neck. He then pulls his cord and cuts the Hell Devil into multiple clean slices. But Chainsaw's form has changed, standing tall in a darker, more muscular form, with more arms and blades as well. Blood and organs rain around him.

From a distance, y/n sits on the top of a tall building, watching the whole scene go down with the Seraphim Devil next to her.

AUTHOR'S NOTE 🎂

I technically don't even have to re-write these parts of the story since they're not centered around y/n at all but I did anyway (don't say u hate me for it even though i just delivered 2 painful chapters in a row)

i hope this isn't mean to ask, but whose death hit harder: Aki or Power's???