𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔.

Y/N's POV

"Devils don't die. They're immortal," Angel told Aki and I at a restaurant. "But you probably already know that. As long as people fear their name, they'll come back to life in some way. When devils die on earth, they revive back in hell. When they die in hell, they come back on earth. This cycle that they rotate in and out of makes them immortal. But I'm not sure if this is true or not."

"How do you not know?" Aki asked. "You're a devil after all."

"Do you remember being in your mother's womb?" Angel asked in return. We both stayed quiet.

"Do not share this information that I'm about to tell you with another soul," Angel said. Aki and I looked at him, waiting for him to continue. "I talked with the other special division devils and they don't remember hell at all. But they do remember one last sound before dying in hell."

"A sound?"

"Yes. And all of them remember the same sound. The brrooom sound Chainsaw's engine makes... is that sound."

"Makima said Quanxi will be coming from China," I said, walking with Kishibe-san.

"I wouldn't fight her though," he replied rather quickly. "Even if all of humanity came together and held a bare-knuckle fighting tournament against her, she'd win and take first place."

"Maybe the word to describe her is tricky."

"But it's not her we need to look out for... They say he died of old age, but those could just be rumors."

"Who?" I asked.

"Santa Claus."

Denji dropped his onigiri on the ground, and just as he was about to pick it back up...

"Oi! Don't eat food that fell on the ground! The ground has millions of harmful bacteria invisible to the human eye that could potentially cause food poisoning! Do you want that? Here, give."

"Look man, I bought this with my own money! So I'm gonna do whatever I want with it!" Denji retorted.

"Humans are such shameful creatures, never hesitating to steal..." Power muttered.

"Denji, I'll pay you back later, just listen to him," Aki said.

"Just listen to them," Angel added.

"Don't give yourself an upset stomach now."

"You heard what they said."

Denji looked fed up and so I remained silent, but he gave Kusakube an annoying stare before quickly gobbling the rice ball until it was gone.

"I threw it away... into my belly!" Denji exclaimed. Kusakabe looked at him in disbelief and disgust.

"Now, why don't you 3 introduce yourselves?" I said, trying to change the topic.

"I am Kusakabe from Miyagi Public Safety Devil Extermination Division 2. It is my pleasure to work with you all." Kusakabe fixed his posture to make him look more... professional.

"Nice to meet you. I'm his buddy, Tamaoki," Tamaoki introduced himself.

"Yoshida. Let's all get along," Yoshida smiled.

"Wow ~ This is a pretty big deal since I've got so much people watching over me!"

All of us watched Power and Denji eat at a burger place as we stood by to "guard."