Prologue

I was an ordinary girl. I had had a normal childhood with a loving and caring family, as anyone would like to have. I had always been an average girl at school too. I'd had normal grades in most subjects and some top grades in the subjects I'd liked best, sometimes working harder when I'd needed to improve the semester's grades. My circle of friends had also been very modest, a friend here and there, other classmates more well known than others and some disappointments in that department too, which I don't want to get into at the moment.

In a crowd, I really wouldn't have stood out, because as I said, I was quite ordinary. It would be very difficult for any stranger – or a talent scout – to look at me twice. My job didn't help me stand out either, after all, my main purpose was to be a useful shadow of my superiors. Even my free time was spent in my corner or leisurely enjoying my hobbies.

This didn't bother me at all. It was normal for me. It wasn't like I really wanted to get too much attention in any way. I was more than happy being myself in my calm and peaceful life. And I couldn't wish for anything more.

I had had a good time at school and college, and I had a stable job in the capital now. I could still boast of having had a good relationship with my unique and adorable little brother. I had good colleagues at work and a boss who wasn't a total asshole and who cared about his employees, and, as a special bonus, I got great contacts with some celebrities. And I have had enough time to spend with my best friend and neighbors. What else could I wish for?

Love?

I always thought that love was something very precious and extremely rare to find. Something very far from the reality of a person as ordinary as me. After all, in a world where there are thousands of super-talented, beautiful, and extremely interesting people, why should anyone give something so precious solely to me?

Obviously I was not one of those prude-faced puritans saying that I'd never fallen in love with anyone, yet to me, love is something much bigger than just intimacy or simple affection, and, to tell you the truth, a platonic crush seemed to be much more my style, besides.... it wouldn't hurt anyone – except perhaps my heart, which has already suffered from fanfiction and novels – and I would have had less of a chance of exposing myself to the ridiculous way I was now.

However, it seemed my life was too dull for the universe to leave it as it was.

I never thought that finally, I would fall in love with someone for real this time, and even more surprisingly, more than one person would fall in love with me.

But, that is exactly what happened.

And now I'm going to tell the whole story to you, in the most dramatic way possible.