Chapter 03: "Noona"

N/A: a bit  of fanservice for you

"But he hasn't even had breakfast yet, dear

"But he hasn't even had breakfast yet, dear." My Mom, who had until now been busy checking what I had been doing by the stove, intervened.

"Ah, if he hasn't missed his clothes so far, he won't miss food either, just for a few minutes."

(...)

A little after 9 am everyone was already gathered in the kitchen again, Jungkook was stuffing himself with the last of the fried dumplings I had made, and maybe it was because of my scolding or his hunger, but, he didn't risk opening his mouth again, except to eat and praise the food that filled his stomach.

"Junkook, chew slower, baby." Mom warned the gluttonous boy next to me, who gave no sign of listening to her until he felt our father's hard tap on the back of his neck.

"Your Mom said to eat right, kid!" And with the force that he'd received a moment ago, my brother couldn't help choking on his food. "Look at this ... he's already choking like a child!" I couldn't hide my smile as I watched the scene in front of me. "If your sister weren't here, you would definitely be coming with us."

"Ah, darling, leave him alone." Our Mom, as always, intervened. "We know very well that Jungkook can be quite responsible when he wants to." She stroked my brother's hair, who was still trying to recover from the choking. "Even more when it comes to his sister ... did you see how he even cleaned up the whole house as soon as he heard that she would come to visit us?"

I looked in surprise at Jungkook, holding in a laugh as I saw his embarrassed reaction as he looked at us, and I wouldn't have missed his explanation for anything in the world.

"Oh, really? Jungkook did that Mom? What else ...?" I smiled roguishly at him, 'cause embarrassing the family's golden maknae wasn't an easy thing to do.

However, as soon as Mom opened her mouth, he interrupted her.

"It wasn't a big deal noona, and Mom, why are we talking about such a silly thing?"

"Oh, come on Gguk, let Mom talk as much as she wants to ... It's just some silly thing, isn't it?" I smiled in amusement, resting my elbows on the table, enjoying the show.

"Yeah, it is. And Jungkook, stop being so coy, it's your sister after all." Mom waved her hands dismissively. "So dear, as soon as we received your call confirming your visit last friday, that boy over there–" she pointed playfully at Jungkook, who was already sulking at the table– "didn't leave us alone!"

"It's true," Dad confirmed, still finishing the last bites of his food.

"He spent two whole days complaining about the trip – which he had planned himself – and because of which, he couldn't spend more time with you. He only calmed down when he finally managed to cancel his ticket, and insisted that we went instead."

"Weird kid," dad grumbled again.

"We didn't complain of course, after all, we've been dreaming of having a second honeymoon for years, and the coast of Sokcho-si * would be perfect for that." Mom smiled giddily. "And you should have seen Gguk two days ago, a real housekeeper, cleaning and everything; did you see your room all tidy? You should thank your brother, who even checked your entire wardrobe, even though I thought it was really strange that he locked the door while doing so, it was just a perfect cleaning day!"

Mom seemed very far from stopping. I watched as with each sentence that came out of her mouth, Jungkook sank deeper and deeper into his chair, not daring to lift his head, which was already hidden in his arms on the table.

"And you should have seen him last night, he looked like a little child every time he checked his watch, looking forward to picking you up at the airport. You were so tired when you arrived that you ended up sleeping in the car, didn't you?" At that point, I got very intrigued by this part of the story. "Did you think it was your dear father who carried you to the bedroom?"

"My back doesn't work like it used to, pumpkin," Dad added again.

"You cannot imagine my surprise when I saw Jungkook open the door, carrying you in his arms, it was such a beautiful scene." And there again I saw that silly smile Mom wore, and I tried very hard not to laugh. "He carried you to the bed, dear, and spent a long time looking after you there."

"Mom." Finally Gguk decided to protest – however, that seemed more like a request for clemency – and when Mom finally noticed his embarrassed expression, she finally fell silent.

"This kiddo stayed up all night talking non-stop," Dad said, still oblivious to everything – unfortunately for my little brother – continued to speak. "Everything was noona this or noona that, I feel sorry for the future girlfriend of this clingy kid, I already suspect that–"

"Dad!" Jungkook jumped out of his chair, looking alarmed – just in time for me to have gotten truly interested in the end of the story – and, avoiding eye contact with any of us, continued. "It's late, don't you think we better finish packing your things into the car?!"

'That's true, son." Dad, the most clueless of us all, calmly walked away from the table, having had no idea how he had helped me in having something to provoke my little brother with for the rest of the weekend. "Come on."

And as soon as they walked out the door, I let out a long laugh that would, for sure, make up for all the work I had gone through to get home.